The Next Flower Shop

Dating / farming sim with scheduler: http://www.winterwolves.com/theflowershop.htm
ChaosMorning
Young scout

Re: The Next Flower Shop

Post by ChaosMorning »

No worries, it's just that using that word in that scenario made it seem like you were saying homosexuality is something too 'taboo' to have in a 'family friendly' game like the Flower Shop and is only suitable for one of your more 'adult' games, which is completely false and a little upsetting.

Super understandable, I can't even count how many games are in development right now, just keep that series in mind some time in the future, it's a favorite of many, I'm sure!
nyxianthe
Young scout

Post by nyxianthe »

These are some of my favorite games, and I would love to see another installment. No pressure though! Keep on keeping on.
daikiraikimi
Woods ranger

Post by daikiraikimi »

ChaosMorning wrote:No worries, it's just that using that word in that scenario made it seem like you were saying homosexuality is something too 'taboo' to have in a 'family friendly' game like the Flower Shop and is only suitable for one of your more 'adult' games, which is completely false and a little upsetting.

Super understandable, I can't even count how many games are in development right now, just keep that series in mind some time in the future, it's a favorite of many, I'm sure!
I can see how you read it that way, but not to worry. Jack is awesome and always stands up for homosexual representation in his games! See the Spirited Heart 2 forums for details. I really admire Jack for that. :3
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

daikiraikimi wrote:
ChaosMorning wrote:No worries, it's just that using that word in that scenario made it seem like you were saying homosexuality is something too 'taboo' to have in a 'family friendly' game like the Flower Shop and is only suitable for one of your more 'adult' games, which is completely false and a little upsetting.

I can see how you read it that way, but not to worry. Jack is awesome and always stands up for homosexual representation in his games! See the Spirited Heart 2 forums for details. I really admire Jack for that. :3
Exactly, anyone could quickly come to realize how much Jack supports equal representation in his future games :)
ChaosMorning
Young scout

Post by ChaosMorning »

Oh, I know! I love that the Winterwolves games always include queer relationships. There is usually such a visibility issue in games, I'm glad to see Jack almost always has love interests for other sexual orientations!
CookieViking
Young scout

Post by CookieViking »

i have a question for the great leader, also named jack :) if you create a third game in your flowershop series, woud it be possible to make the choices in the previous games transfer over to the new one? or woud that create to much extra work?
I have played the first game, but havent got around to play the second, and woud have really loved if the choice of who you ended up with in the first game woud have transferd over to the second, like just a brief encounter where steve woud be with the one you choose. Still love the games, cant wait for roommates to come out, wanna play it NAOW :wink:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Cool finally someone who learned how to address me properly! :lol:
Jokes apart I don't know yet if I'll make a 3rd game since both the original writer (Ayu) and most importantly the artist are VERY busy. The artist should do two more games for me first, one of them is Spirited Heart 2 which has a LOT of content :oops:
Anyway, if/when will get to it, transferring the choices directly won't be possible (also not practical, think if you lost the games and had to reinstall them, you should replay the whole game from beginning). Most likely you'll be able to pick what happened in the beginning with some simple menu choices :)
MarSel
Druid

Post by MarSel »

Though not sure a transfer would work since Steve is romanceable is the second one... Might get a bit messy would the girl all fighting over him :lol: