Winter in Fairbrook

Dating / farming sim with scheduler: http://www.winterwolves.com/theflowershop.htm
thezooqueen
Young scout

Winter in Fairbrook

Post by thezooqueen »

I played the demo. It looks cute enough, but I do not like the protagonist she is just so rude, lazy and on top of that she is in collage but acts like she is 15yrs old. :(
Aleema
Official writer

Re: Winter in Fairbrook

Post by Aleema »

I dunno, I like her. :mrgreen: Refreshing that she's not a princess-ditz, like otome main characters usually are. Perfectly ideal all the time can get real boring.
thezooqueen
Young scout

Post by thezooqueen »

I guess but how would you feel if you cooked dinner for someone and the first words out of their mouth were can we order pizza?
Aleema
Official writer

Post by Aleema »

Yeah, that's not friendly, but that's what I like about it. It's anti-hero and can be entertaining. It's not for everyone, of course. If you don't like feeling out of control of the main character, then yeah. Personally, I like to experience the character as if I'm reading a novel, rather than using them as my avatar.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha yes other people commented about that. But Ayu (the writer) did it on purpose, a bit to break the standard stereotypes of otome games, and also because through the story she becomes better (character development).
thezooqueen
Young scout

Post by thezooqueen »

Ok that sounds better :) Kinda like a growing up game?
thesleepykitten
Official writer

Post by thesleepykitten »

Yea, Natalie improves a lot. I really loved her. She was fun, scatterbrained, careless, and lazy, and rude (although not MEANING to be rude, just saying thoughtless things.) Plus you can't help but feel proud of her when she improves in her character development.
thezooqueen
Young scout

Post by thezooqueen »

Thanks I am mostly convinced to buy it :)
nido1900
Young scout

Post by nido1900 »

My only objection from the demo is that there is no actual farming!
I was real curious about the farming simulator part :(
nasica
Young scout

Post by nasica »

I never bought this game because the MC was such a brat I just couldn't bring myself to see her deserving a happy ending but once I actually read your post and saw that her horrible 15 year old stupidity at collage level was just a front so she could grow up to be a decent halfway human person I was willing to buy this but but it gives the same feel as Love & Order (that just cost about $10) in that it will be short and I just get the feeling the endings are not a complete happy but a "OPEN" ending(sorry I really hate those) so I just can not convince myself this game is worth $20 (sorry If I had seen on my forum checks that this had complete happy endings I would probably buy now) but as is I keep trying to catch it on sale (sorry missed a few sales) I will get it then