Winter in Fairbrook - guide!

Dating / farming sim with scheduler: http://www.winterwolves.com/theflowershop.htm
Chrartah
Young scout

Re: Winter in Fairbrook - guide!

Post by Chrartah »

Okay, so I've opened all the endings. And you know what? I think it's the coolest dating sim ever =) Especially at the time chibis are involved =)))
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Cool, thank you 8)
cloud0103
Young scout

Post by cloud0103 »

ok... i was really trying to avoid asking but I have played for 4 hours straight for Trent and I get the alone ending each time after reading your walkthrough
I got his relationship to excellent, got culture above 80 and empathy above 60, rested for one day each week, got above $600 dollars of profit
I have no idea what else to do and its just making me frustrated :( please help!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

You got them reversed, you need Empathy >= 80 and culture >= 60 :)
cloud0103
Young scout

Post by cloud0103 »

oh! that was the problem! thank you so much!! ^-^
thesleepykitten
Official writer

Post by thesleepykitten »

Potential spoiler warning for Winter in Fairbrook, etc etc >.>b

----

Having played through it and got all the endings, have to say this game was *very* impressive. The boys were all likeable in their own way (I thought Ryan was my type, but in the end Steve turned out to be my favourite. That dinner scene was so adorable~) CGs were clean, the dialogue fun and cute, and the endings were very satisfying - especially the snowball scene. I also thought it was clever that the highest stat was the one that wasn't directly associated with the character himself (like Ryan didn't mind if you didn't know how to derive... or even know what deriving was). I hope to see more games similar (and yes, absolutely adored Summer in Fairbrook/The Flower Shop.)
seienhananosei
Young scout

Post by seienhananosei »

Although I do like dating sims, I admit that I was a bit prejudiced against the Flower Shop games before I played them-- I prefer sims that have a lot of character development and story as opposed to ones where you spend most of your time "grinding" to raise stats. Because of this, I somehow decided that Planet Stronghold and Loren would be interesting (because the romances are secondary to the main plot and because of the battles) but didn't think that the Flower Shop series would be something I was interested in. I think I was associating it with Farmville, haha.

I ended up buying them because they were on sale and I figured that I might as well support Winter Wolves and have all the games. After playing the demo of the Flower Shop and Winter in Fairbrooks I was really surprised! The writing was excellent, the art was gorgeous, and you got to interact and meet with a host of really interesting characters. Even the main character was her own person, not just a player insert, and the main character from the first game was shown in greater depth as well.

Just wanted to say that I am super impressed with these games, and just because there isn't fighting doesn't mean the story wasn't really engaging! Thanks for the awesome games!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks :) and yes, since the demos are free I would recommend everyone to take the time to play them at least a bit, you might be surprised :wink:
doodleshock
Young scout

Post by doodleshock »

Hi, I know this seems like a dumb question, but what are the names of the songs/pieces used in the game? I know they're not available for public use, but I'd still like to know.

Thanks!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Hmm don't remember the actual names, but were from a site called freshmusic.com I believe. Sorry, have a big collection of royalty free music so hard for me to remember the exact songs :mrgreen: