Steam testing

A sci-fi RPG game https://www.winterwolves.com/planetstronghold.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Steam testing

Post by jack1974 »

I still have a few Steam beta keys, so if anyone who knows the game well want to help testing it (and unlocking achievements!) I would appreciate it :mrgreen:
nullzero
Young scout

Re: Steam testing

Post by nullzero »

Hello, saw the notice about it in twiter so I can here. I don't have much time to play, but at least I can try if it runs on linux (debian testing 64bits, Xubuntu 13.10 64bits and Asus Eee pc 901 with debian testing 32bits).

Got the game again in the Humble Bundle Opensource bundle, don't know if the key will be added.

Cheers!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Sent you an email :) the keys will be added to the Humble too, but np!
nullzero
Young scout

Post by nullzero »

Ok, I just tested on my desktop: Xubuntu 13.10 64bits and the base game works: sound animations, menu, battles and even got a steam trading card "Michelle Lafleur" with a nice quote :lol:

There's just one thing. It seems the game icon missing, since in the desktop icon I get a steam logo instead of the game logo, unlike Loren.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah ok maybe I forgot to upload the Linux icons, will check it :)
Rebly82
Woods ranger

Post by Rebly82 »

Will we also qualify for a full steam key with the expansion included, if anyone has bought them direct from here? Perhaps testing could also be helped that way?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes I have an automatic system to redeem the keys. But if you want to test I can give you one now :)
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

jack1974 wrote:Yes I have an automatic system to redeem the keys. But if you want to test I can give you one now :)
Something to bear in mind is that the Steam keys, at least for mine, had the base game, and not the expansion. As I had already purchased the expansion directly from the site, it didn't matter so much when I loaded it up that way.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

For Planet Stronghold ? that should include both (was called "bonus guide"). In this case the Steam Deluxe means the soundtrack only, but the game has the item crafting and the extra weapons even with the normal key.
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

jack1974 wrote:For Planet Stronghold ? that should include both (was called "bonus guide"). In this case the Steam Deluxe means the soundtrack only, but the game has the item crafting and the extra weapons even with the normal key.
Okay, then the misunderstanding must be mine. I just uninstalled the one direct from your site, uninstalled/reinstalled the Steam version, and it seems to be fine now. It shows Full and Bonus Version Active.

Heh, it is still showing as only 17 out of 18 Achievements (even though I have all 18 on my desktop). I have a feeling I may have to replay it before your one fix took effect.