Version 1.5.8 testing

A sci-fi RPG game https://www.winterwolves.com/planetstronghold.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Version 1.5.8 testing

Post by jack1974 »

Decided to put up a version for everyone who wants to test (even not on Steam):
http://www.macgames.biz/games/PlanetStr ... .8-all.zip (zip with all the OSes)

What's New in 1.5.8
- fixed some small typos
- fixed a scene on which if you picked Nelson to do a skill check he/she would talk to herself like if there were two Nelsons :mrgreen:
- fixed a plot-stopping bug if you killed Shiler BEFORE getting the quest from the King
- fixed a plot-stopping bug early in the story if you didn't manage to defeat the robot attacking the laboratory at first try
- fixed wrong alignment of portraits in inventory when giving/using an item
- fixed an ultra rare bug happening if you used Disrupt or Protect skill during certain scenes (like Michelle personal quest) which resulted in skipping part of the script :shock:
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Re: Version 1.5.8 testing

Post by Miakoda »

Sorry I haven't had much progress. Real life stuff hitting.

There was a graphical issue, which I mailed. Here are some minor typos.

Original:
There is a line Rebecca says after Michelle meets the king: "Withhold your excitement, Lafleur"
Suggestion:
You should go with "Hold your excitement, Lafleur."

Original:
Joshua Nelson says: Good job, 'soldiers'!
Suggestion:
You can remove the quotes around soldiers to get Good job, soldiers!
Last edited by Miakoda on Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks, yes I know about the map thing, need to update the code like I did for Always Remember Me :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

OK I fixed the map thing and reuploaded both versions, this one and Steam (didn't change the number since is just a small thing). This should be the final version, maybe just few typos but nothing else :)
Grodul
Young scout

Post by Grodul »

I would like to report another typo. Right after completing the quest "Fix it", if I go see the royal family and telling them that I have found all three replacement parts for the super computers and that they are already installed, King Oscar says: "Good, please us informed." I believe it's supposed to be: "Good, please keep us informed."

But if there is not supposed to be any more fixes on this game, then never mind me.
"Now, hold on a minute. I'm currently speculating."
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No no, I'm going to fix the typos of course :) will do it now, but wait to upload a new build so maybe more are reported.
thanks
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

Anyways, here are few more minor typos:

Original
Rumi Kai:
It's a honor to fight beside you, Nelson.

Suggestion:
It's an honor to fight beside you, Nelson.
(In English, the 'h' is silent in honor, making the word start with a vowel sound. In such a case, 'An' should be used over 'A')

Original
Bellamy Dupont:
Don't be fooled by her appearance, Nelson. Despite being a Soldier', Rumi is gifted in many non combat abilities. She's really unique, you'll see.

Suggestion:
Should be a hyphen between non and combat, giving "non-combat"

Original
Rumi Kai:
Oh, it's a honor to be fighting alongside you again, Nelson.

Suggestion:
Once more, 'a honor' should be 'an honor'

Original:
You take the homemade grenade and throw it at the nearest group of robots, it explodes instantly on impact destroying several in the area.

Suggestion:
This is a little clunky Maybe make two sentences out of this.
You take the homemade grenade and throw it at the nearest group of robots. It explodes instantly on impact, destroying several robots in the area.

Original:
King Oscar:
Did your clear the colony of all enemies?

Suggestion:
The 'your' should be 'you'

Original:
Joshua Nelson:
Yes, the surveillance androids reported that the situation is under control. However, We cannot ignore the possibility of future attacks.

Suggestions:
The 'We' after the 'However,' should be a lower case 'we'.

Original:
That's the problem. A cargo shipment with new parts should have landed just a few hours ago. But video recordings showed that it was destroyed by some unidentified ships just out of the colony.

Suggestion:
'But video recordings' is a conjunctive phrase. You could put a comma after 'a few hours ago' to get:
"should have landed just a few hours ago, but video recordings showed that it was..."

I would recommend changing 'But' to 'However' and get, "...showed hours ago. However, video recordings showed that it was..."

Original:
If you are talking with Tom Shatz, after getting command of the army, there are two sentences. The first is:
If know it's surprising, but he must have had his reasons.

Suggestions:
I think 'If' should be 'I', and this would give you:
I know it's surprising, but he must have had his reasons.

Rumi Kai
Original:
He a good person. I am blind but I trust every decision he makes. He has a good aura, and a good heart, I can feel it.

Suggestion:
Adding an 'is' after 'He', and a comma after blind to get:
He is a good person. I am blind, but I trust every decision he makes. He has a good aura, and a good heart, I can feel it.

Original:
Rebecca Fox
Looks like they're fighting over something...I'm going to see if I can eavesdrop in on their conversation.

Suggestion:
Remove the 'in' to get:
Looks like they're fighting over something...I'm going to see if I can eavesdrop on their conversation.

Original:
Tom Shatz
Nelson, what you think we should do? Are you ready for this?

Suggestion:
Add a 'do' after the 'what' to get:
Nelson, what do you think we should do? Are you ready for this?

Original:
Tom Shatz
What you want to do, Nelson?

Suggestion:
Add a 'do' after 'What' to get:
What do you want to do, Nelson?

Original:
Joshua Nelson
That's really a great armor! Look!

Suggestion:
Move the 'a' before 'really' to get:
That's a really great armor! Look!

Original:
Tom Shatz
What your looking for is wealth and power! I know good and well what you Marada have done in the past!

Suggestion:
Change the first 'your' to 'you're' (the contraction for you are)
What you're looking for is wealth and power! I know good and well what you Marada have done in the past!

Original:
Rebecca Fox
Destruction of this colony? Galactic war? This is non-sense. All I see is a young Prince who wants the power of his father!

Suggestion:
'nonsense' doesn't need a hyphen to get:
Destruction of this colony? Galactic war? This is nonsense. All I see is a young Prince who wants the power of his father!

Original:
King Oscar
Ha! The Marada are a notorious manipulative and ruthless race!

Suggestion:
Change 'notorious' to 'notoriously' to get:
Ha! The Marada are a notoriously manipulative and ruthless race!

Original:
Tom Shatz
Yes ! If we aren't ready to defeat Shiler yet, we can attack the other races to prevent them forming a big alliance against the Empire.

Suggestion:
There is a space between the 'Yes' and the '!'. It looks a tad off. Also, you might wish to put 'from' after 'them' in the second to get:
Yes! If we aren't ready to defeat Shiler yet, we can attack the other races to prevent them from forming a big alliance against the Empire!

Original:
On the map, where the Marada queen resides, it is title Marada HeadQuarters.

Suggestion:
The 'Q' should be lower case. Marada Headquarters

Original:
Joshua Nelson
You heard me. I've had enough of you self-pitying act. If you think you can do a better job than I can, prove it on the battlefield!

Suggestion:
Change the 'you' before 'self' to 'your' to get:
You heard me. I've had enough of your self-pitying act. If you think you can do a better job than I can, prove it on the battlefield!

Original:
Rumi Kai:
I am synthetizing a new compost.

Suggestion:
There is nothing wrong with this sentence, but many people, when they read 'compost' they think of a substance used to fertilize the soil. You may wish to use 'compound'.

Original:
Android Lucille:
Luckily, we know that the gluttonous nature of the Dredans will have them settle nearby mineral-rich mines. We don't know their exact location, but we know the sectors in which they operate.

Suggestion:
change 'nearby' to simply 'near' to get:
Luckily, we know that the gluttonous nature of the Dredans will have them settle near mineral-rich mines...

Original:
Joshua Nelson
No, it's not what you think. Some enemies psionic powers are so strong that they could read your mind.

Suggestion:
Put an apostrophe after enemies to get:
No, it's not what you think. Some enemies' psionic powers are so strong that they could read your mind.

Original:
Michelle Lafleur
Trust me, he deserved it. He wouldn't listen to any reason when I told it was over. I didn't love him, but he wouldn't accept that.

Suggestion:
Add a 'him' after 'told' to get:
Trust me, he deserved it. He wouldn't listen to any reason when I told him it was over. I didn't love him, but he wouldn't accept that.

Original:
Joshua Nelson
Haha, you can't help yourself, can't you?

Suggestion:
Change the second "can't" to can. Ever instance of the phrase I've seen always uses "can" in the second place.
Haha, you can't help yourself, can you?

Original:
Rebecca Fox
Sure, why not? Every since Tom and I broke up, I've been bored.

Suggestion:
'Every' should be 'Ever' to get:
Sure, why not? Ever since Tom and I broke up, I've been bored.

Original:
Rumi Kai
Because was rather obvious that you're just jealous.

Suggestion:
Add 'it' after 'Because' and change 'was' to 'is' to get:
Because it is rather obvious that you're just jealous.

Original:
Rebecca Fox
What's wrong in my clothes? Or is the problem my body?

Suggestion:
Change 'in' to 'with' to get:
What's wrong with my clothes? Or is the problem my body?

Original:
On Jacob's personal quest, Joshua has a line:
That's fine for me, if that's what you want!

Suggestion:
Change 'for' to 'by' to get:
That's fine by me, if that's what you want!

Original:
Rumi Kai
Come with me then. With your help, will be even easier!

Suggestion:
Put an 'it' before 'will'
Come with me then. With your help, it will be even easier!

Original:
Tom Shatz:
You know, I used to have my personal hovercraft, a few years ago.

Suggestion:
Put an 'own' after 'my', and you can remove the comma after 'hovercraft' to get:
You know, I used to have my own personal hovercraft a few years ago.

Original:
Tom Shatz
It was buried beneath the sand, however the sandstorms of the last days...(the rest of the sentence is fine)

Suggestion:
Make a new sentence after 'sand' to get, and add 'few' after 'last':
It was buried beneath the sand. However, the sandstorms of the last few days...

Original:
Tom Shatz
Are you ready? This probably isn't going to be an easy mission, see as it's only the two of us.

Suggestion:
Change 'see' to 'seeing' to get:
Are you ready? This probably isn't going to be an easy mission, seeing as it's only the two of us.

Original:
Joshua Nelson
What exactly where you referring to, when you said you have to 'settle' a few things with the aliens?

Suggestion:
You can remove the comma, and 'where' should be 'were' to get:
What exactly were you referring to when you said you have to 'settle' a few things with the aliens?

Original:
Rebecca Fox:
Let's go inside. I don't want everyone to see at me while I'm crying.

Suggestion:
Remove the 'at' to get:
Let's go inside. I don't want everyone to see me while I'm crying.

Original:
Damien Vargas
Haha! It was a joke! You should see you face!

Suggestion:
Change 'you' to 'your' to get:
Haha! It was a joke! You should see your face!

Original:
Damien Vargas
Haha! It was a joke! You should see you face!

Suggestion:
Change 'you' to 'your' to get:
Haha! It was a joke! You should see your face!

Original:
Joshua Nelson
Hmm...it's just that I find hard to image them fighting side by side.

Suggestion:
Change 'find hard to image' to 'find it hard to imagine' to get:
Hmm...it's just that I find it hard to imagine them fighting side by side.

Original:
Damien Vargas
Fine. Yer probably right. But now is your turn. Will you be up to your Uncle's standards?

Suggestion:
Add an 'it' before 'is' to get:
Fine. Yer probably right. But now it is your turn. Will you be up to your Uncle's standards?
Last edited by Miakoda on Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grodul
Young scout

Post by Grodul »

I believe I found another little mistake. During the "Treasure Map" quest, when talking to Philip Koenig about the "Nucleus" armor and how it is located in a big Apex lair, I noticed a peculiar detail. The sentence "Yes, and as you can imagine, exremely well defended. It is located inside a big Apex lair" is actually said by player character and NOT by Philig Koenig himself. I believe this requires some attention.

And one other thing: In this case should "well defended" be like that, or should it be "well-defended"?

And another found! At the end of the "The Weaponsmith" quest Android Lucille states: "I reccommend slowing down to avoid heart attack, recruit LaFleur." I believe the correction is "I recommend slowing down to avoid heart attack, recruit Lafleur."
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks, fixed all those typos :)
Grodul
Young scout

Post by Grodul »

Glad to help. I found another.

This next one is about the word order in a sentence. After "The Weaponsmith" quest, when I go talk to the Michelle, she tells that she is about to go to bar with Rumi. She says: "I was about to go have a drink to the pub with Rumi." Isn't the phrasing a bit off? Shouldn't it be like "I was about to go to the pub with Rumi to have a drink" or "I was about to go to the pub with Rumi for a drink(s)" or do people really say it like that?

Also, I noticed that Michelles last name, Lafleur, is written LaFleur more than once. One such situation was already addressed, but I found another during the quest "Destroy the Amplifiers" during Tom Shantz's dialogue when he says "I agree with Nelso. But LaFleur is right, this is very dangerous". Which is the correct way?

Still searching for more...