I'm stuck.

A sci-fi RPG game https://www.winterwolves.com/planetstronghold.htm
ZycroNeXuS
Young scout

I'm stuck.

Post by ZycroNeXuS »

I'm stuck, and completely and utterly so. I just started Chapter 2, beat Lucille's Holodisc mission, explored every area available, but the game wouldn't let me do anything, saying I had no reason to go to any place I picked, throwing me back out onto the Movement Map.

I checked a walkthrough, and it says that there's supposed to be a dialogue option when I talk to Rebecca Fox where when I tap on it (for I am on an android tablet, got this game from the Humble Bundle), I'm supposed to realize Rebecca is lying and gain some rel+ with her. There isn't anyone at any other location (besides Lucille, whom I have exhausted all choices for.), and I'm beginning to wonder if I did something wrong and I need to restart my entire game.

Has anyone got any idea as to how I'm supposed to go forward? (Also, I have every location in the cluster on the top left unlocked EXCEPT for the one that is in the very top left.)
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: I'm stuck.

Post by jack1974 »

Yes you need to talk to Rebecca who is NOT in the laboratory (where Lucille is) but in the training center (left of the map).
ZycroNeXuS
Young scout

Post by ZycroNeXuS »

I suppose I should have been a BIT more specific: I HAVE talked to Rebecca, but I get only 2 options: Stop Dialogue and asking her what she's doing. Neither one hints that she's lying.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Hmm I don't know, is the first time that I hear this, if you want you can send me your savegame, is in sdcard / Android / data / com.winterwolves.planetstronghold / files / saves /
With it I can check exactly what is happening :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

OK I looked at the save and indeed you can't go on because some of those locations didn't unlock (the ones with the question mark).
I am not sure though how you managed to get into that situation :( I'll try to replay and see if I can get stuck like that too, I never had anyone report it before.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

After some further investigation found the issue. You finished the quest "A Strange Welcome" before a certain point of the story. The next step should be unlocking a dialogue with Fox, however I put a condition, that quest shouldn't have been completed yet. I am not sure why (made the game back is 2011) so I need to see if I can change that without any problems or not :) if I do that I can continue playing with your current savegame just fine.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Another update haha I found the problem. If you don't manage to destroy the robots attacking the lab at the first attempt, you can retreat (picking "Move somewhere else" option). But when you come back, the first lines of the sentence replay again, and in these there's a call to updating the first quest. So you could advance in it by one step, and that wasn't the supposed behavior. I didn't get many reports probably because most people managed to win, or simply if they were defeated reloaded a previous savegame!
Thanks this one was a super-hidden bug (and also rare). I'll fix that part, even if unfortunately it means that you need to load a previous savegame point :oops:
ZycroNeXuS
Young scout

Post by ZycroNeXuS »

That's fine, I think my last save was only as far as the final test in chapter 1, that isn't so bad. And yeah, I DIDN'T manage to destroy them first off because I was still getting used to all their abilities (and that Acid Rain ability really packs a punch). I retreated, healed up at the barracks, came back, and fought them again (which updated the quest, and leveled me up, letting me beat the robots), and I won. I did the Holodisc quest, did a bit of exploring, and then I got stuck. At least I helped find an elusive bug! Makes me feel good that the next people that manage to do that won't encounter that problem.
ZycroNeXuS
Young scout

Post by ZycroNeXuS »

Oh, and let me know when the update is out, so I can redownload it when it's ready.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I have sent it to Humble guys already, though another user reported an issue (if you kill Shiler before getting the quest) so I'm probably going to do another update in next days :)