About that beard...

A sci-fi RPG game https://www.winterwolves.com/planetstronghold.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: About that beard...

Post by jack1974 »

I'll ask the artist, but of course finishing the art for the second game has higher priority, since we're quite behind with it!
Marv2000
Young scout

Post by Marv2000 »

jack1974 wrote:Uhm actually the audience of the game is very big, thousands of people (and now that is in the Humble even more). Is going to be on Steam very soon too (top10 in Greenlight currently).
Since luckily the character is not a love interest, for me would take 5 minutes to tell the artist to remove the mustache, and voilà, done! (or maybe do a goatee, probably easier to modify).
I think I'll do that! :)
Lol, the friend who just came by had the same "holy cow" reaction I had.
But what I actually wanted to say is that I really appreciate your courtesy and I see that it's a bit unfortunate if stuff like that happens. What I wanted to do is to explain from my perspective why this is problematic for me and why it might be problematic for others. If you decide to do something about it which hopefully doesn't interfere with your creative vision than that's awesome. And there are also valid arguments to leave it as it is. Ultimately it's up to you but I felt that this is at least worth mentioning and explaining.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes no worries, is always good to know stuff, since of course I can't know everything, then if I can do something about it without much effort and slowing down the other projects, will try to do it :)
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

Wait a minute.... Why is there such a fuss over a moustache but South Park, a show known for making fun of people from every background, acceptable?
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

Because it's a game. There is any kind of violence and gore* acceptable, but do not ever offend in the slightest in any other way. You know, because of the children. And adults** who behave more childish than kids could ever do.

* except in Germany. German versions of games have soldiers replaced by robots, and blood replaced by oil.

** also called moral guardians
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Change his name to Philipp King and keep the mustache...

Also, happy April.
renke_
Elder Druid

Post by renke_ »

Lonestar51 wrote:except in Germany. German versions of games have soldiers replaced by robots, and blood replaced by oil.
You're exaggerating, this isn't true anymore. The first part of Command & Conquer is infamous for this level of youth protection/"censorship", but nowadays USK and BPjM (formerly BPjS) are much more relaxed.
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

Well, the level of violence accepted in the german version is usually quite a bit lower than in the US version. Not as bad as in the example, but still very noticeable. Except if you buy on the net where they do not care about german USK. (which does not apply to me anyway as I am austrian.)
renke_
Elder Druid

Post by renke_ »

Tu felix Austria :)

"Think of the children!!!11!!" is defined differently depending on cultural, political and legal opinions - think of sexuality in the US and the Japanese phobia concerning pubic hair and penes...