Bug in trying to assemble metal scraps (PS v1.5.5)

A sci-fi RPG game https://www.winterwolves.com/planetstronghold.htm
Nikolai
Young scout

Bug in trying to assemble metal scraps (PS v1.5.5)

Post by Nikolai »

I went to Lucille before wandering out into the wastelands in version 1.5.5 of Planet Stronghold. Unfortunately, when I asked her if she could make anything out of them, the game crashed and returned this exception:

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/warchived.rpy", line 1074, in script call
  File "game/data.rpy", line 1985, in script
  File "game/data.rpy", line 2052, in python
Exception: ui.close closed <renpy.display.layout.MultiBox object at 0x104B4710>, not the expected <renpy.display.layout.MultiBox object at 0x1037B110>.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winter Wolves\Planet Stronghold\renpy\execution.py", line 288, in run
    node.execute()
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winter Wolves\Planet Stronghold\renpy\ast.py", line 718, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winter Wolves\Planet Stronghold\renpy\python.py", line 1297, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/data.rpy", line 2052, in <module>
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winter Wolves\Planet Stronghold\renpy\display\layout.py", line 194, in __exit__
    renpy.ui.context_exit(self)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winter Wolves\Planet Stronghold\renpy\ui.py", line 332, in context_exit
    close(w)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winter Wolves\Planet Stronghold\renpy\ui.py", line 313, in close
    stack[-1].close(d)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winter Wolves\Planet Stronghold\renpy\ui.py", line 130, in close
    raise Exception("ui.close closed %r, not the expected %r." % (self.displayable, d))
Exception: ui.close closed <renpy.display.layout.MultiBox object at 0x104B4710>, not the expected <renpy.display.layout.MultiBox object at 0x1037B110>.

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.15.7.374

If there's a better way to submit bug reports, please let me know. I love all the games I've bought from Winter Wolves so far, and am looking forward to purchasing more titles in the future. Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us!
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Bug in trying to assemble metal scraps (PS v1.5.5)

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks for the compliments :)
That bug appears if you had an old version of the game installed, please uninstall completely or install the new version in a different directory and will work (savegames are mantained).
Nikolai
Young scout

Post by Nikolai »

That worked perfectly, thanks! And you're right -- the savegames were still there. I could pick up right where I left off and exchange those scraps right away. Thank you so much for your prompt reply!
Nikolai
Young scout

Post by Nikolai »

And it's my pleasure to compliment people for a job well done. This game is seriously well-polished, and it's obvious that a lot of effort went into it. If I were to spend all the space and time I want to spend complimenting you on this, however, bad things would happen. (1) I'd be taking loads of time away from playing, and that's just not acceptable; and (2) your spam-blocker would probably never let me anywhere near the forum ever again. :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes 1 sounds particularly bad! About 2, I've personally instructed the spam blocker to allow any adoring/adulating/positive/encouraging posts :lol: