Playing Planet Stronghold - YouTube

A sci-fi RPG game https://www.winterwolves.com/planetstronghold.htm
APNunes
Young scout

Playing Planet Stronghold - YouTube

Post by APNunes »

Hello!

I hope this isn't against rules. If you have a few minutes, I would be grateful if you could have a look at my channel : Link

Here's the playlist:
Planet Stronghold
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Playing Planet Stronghold - YouTube

Post by jack1974 »

Lol you played all the game? usually in the let's play the player talks and comments about what's happening as he/she is playing the game though, that's what keeps people interested. So you might consider doing that in your future videos.
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

Commentary during playthroughs is hit or miss with me. With the right person, it can be a source of amusement and even provide some insight into the game in question. However, I watched some sessions where it was as distracting as a baby crying in a movie theater.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes that's probably true too :)
MarSel
Druid

Post by MarSel »

I agree it's annoying when they chat through it... Even more if the game has voices (volume on mute)
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

Hmm ... not so sure. I do not look at Let's play sessions very often, but when I do I expect to get some idea what is happening. And This I get faster if someone explains it in a few words, than if I have to watch a few hours of video. Also getting a comment along the lines of "This part is good, this part is less so" helps.

In very exciting scenes, like fierce battles, the comment may get in the way. But only then.
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

Depends for me, I mostly watch LP content for the personality not the game in question, so not only do I want them to talk, but it's why I'm watching the video, I only get annoyed if the person talks during the cutscenes.

Commentary can help make the video more interesting and engaging during the more boring or tedious traveling/grinding parts of many games.
Aleema
Official writer

Post by Aleema »

When they're games like visual novels, I like the player reading the text and making comments if the text was bad or funny. Otherwise, it's like reading a book that you have no control over turning the pages and everyone reads at different speeds.