Leveling Question

A sci-fi RPG game https://www.winterwolves.com/planetstronghold.htm
at-a-glance
Young scout

Leveling Question

Post by at-a-glance »

I’m a little late to the party, but I had a question about how leveling works in PS1. (If this question has already been answered somewhere else feel free to delete this thread :) .) As I understand it the characters can reach up to level 25, and that after each level up you receive 5 points to skills. 25 X 5 is 125, but I read somewhere that it takes 250 skill points to max out a skill. Is this correct, or is there a skill point curve in the later levels? I don’t necessarily need to max out my skill, but if you divided 125 skill points among 3 – 4 different skills then, assuming you started out with 0 points into each skill, you could at best be mildly competent in each skill.

Sorry if I'm talking in ciricles! :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Leveling Question

Post by jack1974 »

No problems :)
First of all, skills never starts at 0. Different characters have different starting values, usually between 25-35.
Second, 5 is only if you play in easy mode, in harder difficulty you get less skills.
Third, later in the game while taking with Rebecca you can use the "Training Center" to train the skills of each party member. There's a timer so you can't pump up to max skills each one, but definitely is possible to have one character with 3-4 skills maxed using that method.
Anyway you DON'T need the skills maxed to win, even in Hard Mode :wink:
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

Is it even possible to reach level 25? Playing on Medium difficulty and finishing every side quest that I am aware of, the main character got to level 18 and everyone else was 12-14. I never got any skills past 110. Even if I did, I question if it's worth it.
Last edited by Jaeger on Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I don't think is worth it, but you know that some RPG players are... not exactly sane :lol: (I'm joking, but...)
I know a few from this forum that maxed the skills but I think because they simply put all the skill points in a single skill or two and used the Training Center as well. Of course in one character, I don't think is possible with more than one...
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

I admit I sometimes have OCD tendencies when playing RPGs, which is why don't finish most of them. So no offense taken. LOL