Version 1.5.5 testing

A sci-fi RPG game https://www.winterwolves.com/planetstronghold.htm
Jaeger
Druid

Re: Version 1.5.5 testing

Post by Jaeger »

Now the that 1.5.5 is "live", I'm sorry to say that animation bug that I reported earlier has appeared again. It appeared that everything was alright when I tried the all OSes version you had earlier. Since I have Windows 7, I naturally downloaded the Windows version.

1) pressed shift+G to to change settings
2) all saves were deleted
3) restarted the computer
4) checked for updates of Direct X
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I think might be a bug related to your videocard, looking also at the graphic bug you posted in the Vera Blanc forum!
edit: no I just tried again here and still happens indeed. I think at this point is some obscure incompatible change of the newer Ren'Py versions (I started that game in 2010 when the framework I use was VERY different from now). If I have time will fix it, but first will concentrate on getting the new games out :?
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

I got Planet Stronghold recently and ran into a few minor bugs. These aren't game crashing or anything, and may not be worth your time.

1. Going the Cliff/Shiler route, Cliff kept referring to me as Joshua, though I was playing Lisa.

2. I was romancing Michelle, and then was able to romance Tom Shatz (but overriding Michelle's). However, it did prevent the Damian Vargas romance from going forward. Furthermore, it did give the Tom ending text, but not Michelle's.

3. It failed the Submit the Soldiers Quest for King Rock, although I did have Rumi and Jacob not in the party. In fact, I beat King Rock, but it still kept the quest going.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Hmm let's see:
1. oops you're right, I have checked. I've fixed this so on next update will be fine :)
2. yes you can romance multiple people until a certain "cut-off" point. When you advance too much in one romance it becomes your only one. No harem endings! so this is not a bug
3. for this one I am not sure how it could happen, should get a savegame to check!
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

1. Oh, I wasn't expecting to get a Harem ending. I apologize if I didn't give a little more info. I was able to unlock Michelle's picture for her romance, but was still able to proceed with Tom's afterward, unlocking his in the same game. I thought that continuation was a bug.

2. For the Submit the Soldiers quest, I do have a save after the incident where it still is counting down the quest (with King Rock still beaten). I can send it if you wish.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

1. Ah yes in that case normally you shouldn't be able to! Not sure how you managed to get that ending!
2. Sure, see here how to send a savegame: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2971
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

Sometimes games just can get a minor glitch/bug. No big deal. Truth be known I think that is also what happened with the Submit the Soldiers quest. Anyways, its not like I need a fix or anything, but if you can puzzle out what happened, you might fix it for a future Planet Stronghold version.

Heh, at least Cliff referring to Lisa as 'Joshua' was easily dealt with ;)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes and the fact that you're the only one reporting it should mean that are rare bugs (at least I hope :lol:).
I need to finish Nicole game for next week so won't take a look immediately, as you said is more for my own curiosity to see why that happened. thanks
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

Heh, and I eagerly await Nicole's release (though I admit, I am going to wait for the yuri version, and get both versions then).

But it does you great credit that you still do fixes on older games.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

So uhm, for reasons that will become apparent in a month or so (can't say more now), I updated this game so it has its own soundtrack as well. It's the music that was supposed to be in PS2, but had to change it quickly, so I used that. Obviously a new one is being remade for PS2, by the same musician who did Loren new soundtrack!
I've updated the Strategy Guide to include this, and also the bundle base game+bonus content, so those who bought them can still use the same download links to get the new OST. In practice what before was only the PDF will become a .zip with the music too :)
I didn't change the version number since the only change is the new music.