Pack leader

Re: Version 1.5.5 testing

Post by jack1974 »

Eventually, yes :mrgreen:
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

I tried the new version. I'm not sure if it's because of the latest update on my graphics card driver or the game itself was fixed, but I didn't encounter the animation problem I reported earlier. Also, thank you for adding the OST to the bonus content.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah no I didn't change that part I think. Might have been the videocard then :)
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

I guess that's one less thing to worry about. LOL.
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

Now that I read the Humble-Bundle-Version is the deluxe one, of course I needed to start a new game. I noticed the new music, quite an improvement...

However, I noticed the following (not sure if intended): If you skip the dialogues by pressing the "Tab" key, in the combat following this the damage display will just run through (i.e. you will not see the stats like "damage for 10 points, 2 points reducement by armor"). During combat you cannot switch on/off the skip-mode, the tab-key does nothing.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes during combat you need to go in options to disable the fast-skip mode. I was like this even before, I don't think there's a workaround for that. Personally if I want to fast skip dialogue I just press the left-CTRL key, so once the battle starts the autoskip stops :)
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Text Suggestion

Post by Miakoda »

I won't give too many suggestions about grammar/editing on Planet Stronghold, except where I think it could really improve things, or fixes minor things like misspellings. As such, here is one thing you might change.

Original:
Rebecca Fox:
I hope you'll take example from Private Joshua Nelson. He is always vigilant.

Suggestion:
I hope you'll learn from Private Joshua Nelson's example. He is always vigilant

Additionally, there is a line where Rebecca Fox says, "Come on, weren't you eager to fight? Now show me what you can do."

Joshua replies with a "Yes, sir". I think you should go with "Yes, ma'am" instead.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I need to update this thread since actually the version reached is 1.5.8 :lol:
But anyway: an italian user who emailed me found the most crazy bug. In short, if you used Protect or Disrupt in a fight during SOME specific scenes, like Michelle personal quest, it would mark it finished internally but still leaving the quest unfinished (so missing the XP).
Is probably the most rare bug ever found :lol: is triggered only if you use those two skills during the fight, otherwise never happens (this is also due to my bad coding using arrays instead of classes, but let's not go too much into details! :wink:).

Right now I'm fixing the Steam version only but once I've finished with it will also update the version on my site of course.