Maybe an Idea for Sequel-Acid Weapons

A sci-fi RPG game https://www.winterwolves.com/planetstronghold.htm
deathknight1728
Woods ranger

Maybe an Idea for Sequel-Acid Weapons

Post by deathknight1728 »

I barely noticed any weapons having acid damage on them. It always seem the most useful damage types were armor piercing, explosive, and energy followed by a good amount of psionics.

Where does that leave acid guns and weapons? Is there a specific enemy type that are weak against acid? I found that robots are weak to explosives, and certain enemies are weak to apiercing. However, take into effect, energy weapons are good at nearly everything. To be honest, I would say acid should be useful against rock guys like king rock. But thats just an idea. Any thoughts on this for PS2?
?
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Maybe an Idea for Sequel-Acid Weapons

Post by jack1974 »

For the sequel I have this in mind:
Of course everything is still work in progress, that is the general idea I have right now. Need to ask coder first about the implementation of all those damage types :mrgreen:
As you see acid should be some kind of bonus against all enemies. I might take Borderland 2 approach though (must copy from the best games!) and have acid damage enemy armor in general over time, might be an interesting variant.
And I agree there should be some weak type of enemies for each damage type. I think the kind of enemies present could be grouped in: organic, robotic, mineral (? like the Matrick) and maybe fluid/ethereal.