Just about Finished Game-Thoughts

A sci-fi RPG game https://www.winterwolves.com/planetstronghold.htm
deathknight1728
Woods ranger

Just about Finished Game-Thoughts

Post by deathknight1728 »

As of now, I am just about ready to get 2 more lvls before attempting the final battle. I am using josh as a soldier and I must say it was fun. I am a pretty hard person to please with regards to rpgs but this one didnt really have many problems with it. The ai was basically how you'd expect it-They always went after the person with the most aggro. I really liked the tactics that were used as it really fit my playstyle. It almost seemed like everything I did I already knew what to do after the 1st try-which is a good and rare thing :)

Graphics were great and while there wasnt really animation, I could honestly care less as the story did a good job of presenting the game. Story by the way was pretty good and the characters are solid as well. I would have to say I liked Phillip the most as he was just a badass and did the most damage in game (even more than my soldier).

I'd really like to say I didnt like one thing but I really just cant find anything wrong the game. Im hoping that by paying for this game, there will be Planet Stronghold 2, which will be awesome. Id really also like to thank the developer as he provided some much needed advice from time to time :)
?
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Just about Finished Game-Thoughts

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks, and no worry we're already working on the sequel :) but you need to be patient since will be bigger and have a new battle/RPG system, so needs more time to make.
deathknight1728
Woods ranger

Oh im patient ;)

I already decided that I will replay the game at least once or twice. I think next time I might try the game as a scout or something else and might try siding with the king this time. I hear that is a different story. At least so I think. Take all the time you need.
?
deathknight1728
Woods ranger

Well sorry for double post, but I'd like to say that I enjoyed the last fight and wanted to talk about the game as a whole. This might probably be the only game Ive played that has not veered towards adding just loads and loads of filler into the game and I gotta say I like that. Just told a story and had a good amount of content, good solid characters, romances, although I failed as I ran out of time for one of them :)

But yeah, I would say I really can't find one thing wrong about this game, other than whats being worked on in the sequel or already mentioned. Whats really cool is that you can place your points into any skills which is very cool as it provides more replay ability.

Im not sure if I will like Loren as much as this game, but this is definitely a gem. Props go to the maker and this wonderful community :)
?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks! I think Loren is superior to Planet Stronghold but ultimately depends on playing tastes. PS had more gameplay, while Loren has more story but a more detailed combat. Two different things in practice :)