Version 1.4g

A sci-fi RPG game https://www.winterwolves.com/planetstronghold.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Version 1.4g

Post by jack1974 »

Updated the thread version and uploaded a new build, the 1.4g which should have fixed a few more crashes because of some bug/syntax incompatibility in the new Ren'Py version. I used a zip with all platforms since until is in testing is faster than uploading 3 separate versions.

The download link are:
http://www.macgames.biz/games/PlanetStr ... 4g-all.zip (single .zip containing Windows, Mac and Linux executables)

I've uploaded this new version which has a small change (removed the he/his/him and replaced them with gender neutral phrases) but also a big one, because it uses the new Ren'Py, so it should also run much faster/smoother and be more compatible with Linux 64bit and new Macs. I don't want to upload this "live" on the site since I fear there might be some compatibility problems between the game code and the latest version of Ren'Py (I coded the game in 2010-11...using very old syntax).
So for now I'll keep it in beta here until enough people confirm to me that works. You are able to load any save from the 1.4e version by the way :)
Aveline
Young scout

Re: Version 1.4f

Post by Aveline »

I'll assume that the new update can't reload an old save game,
because i tried to load one from v 1.4e and the game crashed !!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah, what was the message? I tried here with a few saves and worked (but I don't have many saves now).
Aveline
Young scout

Post by Aveline »

I think the problem occurred because I have 2 planet stronghold installed,
I have changed the directory of the older version after installing it,so probably the new one didn't detect it and thus didn't replace it!

btw, do you have any intentions on selling the OSTs?!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah ok let me know if works then. The save files are stored independently from the game installation directory though.
Aveline wrote:btw, do you have any intentions on selling the OSTs?!
No I can't because they're royalty free tracks :( so because of their license I can include in games but can't resell them (or even give away for free) separately. From now on will only hire musician so I can offer the OST of the games.
SerTabris
Young scout

Post by SerTabris »

When I'm doing Tom's personal quest, if I choose an option other than attacking head-on, I get a crash (which I don't honestly know if it did prior or not). I can give you the savefile if you want (it also has an issue from the previous version where the Weaponsmith quest ended after one piece was retrieved but didn't clear).

EDIT: Later on in the quest, the same crash happens again. (Also, I hesitate to mention it, but the 'Shock' and 'Restore' psionic descriptions still have the pronoun thing.)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes this version has some bugs because I used the new Ren'Py version (because some things aren't compatible, I coded it in a very old syntax), I think that are the same bugs I found, more than sending the savegame can you post here the error message? it should be available if you click "open traceback" when the error occurs :)
SerTabris
Young scout

Post by SerTabris »

It says:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/romance.rpy", line 393, in script call
File "game\script.rpy", line 1886, in script
File "game\script.rpy", line 1903, in python
TypeError: 'float' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Program Files\Winter Wolves\Planet Stronghold\renpy\execution.py", line 266, in run
File "C:\Program Files\Winter Wolves\Planet Stronghold\renpy\ast.py", line 646, in execute
File "C:\Program Files\Winter Wolves\Planet Stronghold\renpy\python.py", line 1172, in py_exec_bytecode
File "game\script.rpy", line 1903, in <module>
File "C:\Program Files\Winter Wolves\Planet Stronghold\renpy\ui.py", line 903, in textbutton
File "C:\Program Files\Winter Wolves\Planet Stronghold\renpy\ui.py", line 448, in __call__
File "C:\Program Files\Winter Wolves\Planet Stronghold\renpy\text\text.py", line 1019, in __init__
File "C:\Program Files\Winter Wolves\Planet Stronghold\renpy\display\core.py", line 127, in __init__
File "C:\Program Files\Winter Wolves\Planet Stronghold\renpy\style.py", line 810, in __init__
File "C:\Program Files\Winter Wolves\Planet Stronghold\renpy\style.py", line 629, in build_style
File "C:\Program Files\Winter Wolves\Planet Stronghold\renpy\style.py", line 514, in expand_properties
File "C:\Program Files\Winter Wolves\Planet Stronghold\renpy\style.py", line 201, in index_0

Windows-XP-5.1.2600-SP3
Ren'Py 6.14.1.366

The second one is similar:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/romance.rpy", line 462, in script call
File "game\script.rpy", line 1886, in script
File "game\script.rpy", line 1903, in python

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Program Files\Winter Wolves\Planet Stronghold\renpy\execution.py", line 266, in run
File "C:\Program Files\Winter Wolves\Planet Stronghold\renpy\ast.py", line 646, in execute
File "C:\Program Files\Winter Wolves\Planet Stronghold\renpy\python.py", line 1172, in py_exec_bytecode
File "game\script.rpy", line 1903, in <module>
File "C:\Program Files\Winter Wolves\Planet Stronghold\renpy\ui.py", line 903, in textbutton
File "C:\Program Files\Winter Wolves\Planet Stronghold\renpy\ui.py", line 448, in __call__
File "C:\Program Files\Winter Wolves\Planet Stronghold\renpy\text\text.py", line 1019, in __init__
File "C:\Program Files\Winter Wolves\Planet Stronghold\renpy\display\core.py", line 127, in __init__
File "C:\Program Files\Winter Wolves\Planet Stronghold\renpy\style.py", line 810, in __init__
File "C:\Program Files\Winter Wolves\Planet Stronghold\renpy\style.py", line 629, in build_style
File "C:\Program Files\Winter Wolves\Planet Stronghold\renpy\style.py", line 514, in expand_properties
File "C:\Program Files\Winter Wolves\Planet Stronghold\renpy\style.py", line 201, in index_0

Windows-XP-5.1.2600-SP3
Ren'Py 6.14.1.366
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks, then yes is the same bug I found too. Will try to update it shortly. It's a fun bug since in previous version works fine but in the new one crashes. And all that changes is a single parameter :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Version 1.4g

Post by jack1974 »

Ok uploaded 1.4g, check the first post. Those crashes should be gone now :)