Bionic Heart 2 - old beta test (locked)

A dark sci-fi visual novel: http://winterwolves.com/bionicheart.htm
P_Tigras
Druid

Re: Bionic Heart 2 - beta test

Post by P_Tigras »

I did a play-through this evening. There were no crashes.

Version: 0.8.3
Scene Order: 0, 2-12, 14-15, 17, 19-20, 22-24, 26-28, 31, 35, 37-39
Endings Triggered: Marsicide, The Offer (Lucas turned Tanya down), Lost in Space
Other Notes: Copied Sarah's data. She died when she attempted to stab Lucas with her botulism needle, but accidentally pricked herself. Tom and Helen were not lovers.

The double genocide caught me by total surprise and it seemed rather weird that Lucas inexplicably went from being horrified at Sarah's bioweapon and wanting to develop a vaccine, to using the bioweapon to wipe out every human being on Mars aside from Helen, Tom & himself. It also seemed odd that Tanya talked Jason into releasing the bioweapon on Earth too despite the fact that I picked all the nice, humane decisions for her and Jason even accused her of being too nice just before their assault on Nanotech. I ended the game feeling rather disconnected from the ending since both Lucas and Tanya seemed very out of character when they each released the weapon.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I'm waiting for a reply from the writer to know if using his original coding won't have bugs (version 0.8.4). If that's not the case, I might rewrite the game myself keeping the boss battles since they are nice, but changing the main story. This way will be faster for sure since is 2 months that I'm going in circles trying to fix this mess without any tangible progress :lol:
Calimachus
Young scout

Post by Calimachus »

Hi, with the 0.8.3 version I had the clues with Tina, but no chance to talk to Tanya and Tanya couldn't choose a brain while in Nanotech. Will test if 0.8.4 has the same problem when I'm home. Real-life working comes a little bit in the way, but I can check more on the weekend.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes please test the new one, the old one literally skips a whole important scene so I know it's bugged for sure :oops:
rembred
Young scout

Post by rembred »

In 0.8.4 version there that bug dissapiared. :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

OK the writer replied, saying that if I use his original coding, it should work without plot bugs. So please test version 0.8.4 and let me know if you can get all the endings and there are no plot bugs. Maybe finally can ship this game :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Just uploaded 0.8.5 which fixes a bug (brain scene doesn't show if you didn't flirt with Helen playing as Tom). Thanks to Elmsdor for the help in finding the bug :)
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

Calimachus wrote:Hi, with the 0.8.3 version I had the clues with Tina, but no chance to talk to Tanya and Tanya couldn't choose a brain while in Nanotech. Will test if 0.8.4 has the same problem when I'm home. Real-life working comes a little bit in the way, but I can check more on the weekend.
Ohh, I forgot to mention this earlier in the report on my play-through last night. I encountered these very same issues as well.
jack1974 wrote:Yes please test the new one, the old one literally skips a whole important scene so I know it's bugged for sure :oops:
Ok.
jack1974 wrote:Just uploaded 0.8.5 which fixes a bug (brain scene doesn't show if you didn't flirt with Helen playing as Tom). Thanks to Elmsdor for the help in finding the bug :)
I wasn't able to choose a brain jar either as Tanya. Tom did flirt with Helen in my play-through, and she agreed to allow him to practice his flirting skills on her, but it never went beyond that. So I'm not sure if your above explanation covers my situation too. I'll give 0.8.5 a try later as well.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I am uploading 0.8.6 already, Elmsdor is on rampage and finding lots of plot bugs :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

And version 0.8.7 is up! If you think is crazy, the version before with the parallel/independent plots was 10 times more nuts!