A dark sci-fi visual novel: http://winterwolves.com/bionicheart.htm

What would you prefer:

You may select 1 option

View results

jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Bionic Heart 2: voices or not?

Post by jack1974 »

Yeah as a player, I like too less endings but longer paths, but I have to think about everyone's tastes. Still it will have about 12 endings, so less than the first one. As for the voices I think I could find someone else with a sexy voice good enough for Tanya :wink:
MacMac
Young scout

Post by MacMac »

Was it decided already if the game is going to be voice or not?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Very likely not, since it would mean a delay of at least 3 months. Also based on what happens with the other games, I get typos/edits even after the game is out so there would be for sure different voices vs the texts and isn't really a great thing. If there was an OVERWHELMING response I might have considered it, but as it is not really worth it. Maybe if one day I'll make a more mainstream game like an adventure game.
Aveline
Young scout

Post by Aveline »

How about delaying the whole thing until you get enough actors and resources?
like what happened with Heileen.
it would be sad if it is not an option any more :(
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I'm not sure people would rather wait 3 months to play the game honestly! I can do this though, see how it goes with the normal version and then decide :)
Aveline
Young scout

Post by Aveline »

thank you for considering :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Np, I always try to make people happy, but if you see me opposing resistance so much means that from past experiences it means that I really think won't be worth it.
OromeAldaron
Young scout

Post by OromeAldaron »

I'm checking back every other month or so.... Good news that we make progress with BH2 and it will be in our hands soon, but of course, I'd have liked it more with voices... anyway, I can understand your points but I'd like to mention that I would definitively shell out more money for a version with voices... or for a voice-expansion later...
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Depending how the game does I'm not excluding completely a voice over expansion later, but for sure not right now, since people will inevitably find typos (like happens with all games because of the size) and better to have all the texts sorted before even starting the voices :)
Mariko
Young scout

Post by Mariko »

Oohh, This is an interesting thread. Looking at the date on the last post I'm sure a decision has already been reached but I'd like to add my thoughts anyway. You may find yourself faced with this decision again some day.

From what I have seen in anime based forums there seem to by a lot of hard core fans that prefer english subtitles to english dubbed versions and from what I've seen of anime I think this has a lot to do with the typical quality of the voice acting it's self. Unless the voice actors are top notch the dubbing can really ruin it. case in point, Kashi Mashi (Girl meets Girl) I absolutely hated the voice acting of the english dubb in that. However I generally prefer english dubbs to avoid having to read subs. Funimation, for example, has a really top notch group of voice actors. They do such a great job with their english re-versioning you'd almost never guess it was originally japanese except for the Japanese names of the characters and such.

That said, fully voicing a game is a risky venture. But could work if the voice acting cast is good.

Also, I'd like to add that I did like the battled voices in Loren. In particular Dora's line at the end of a battle that I've made my signature on this forum. I chuckle every time I hear that.
"umm... They were like this when we found them."--- Dora