Bionic Heart 2 - the real deal!

A dark sci-fi visual novel: http://winterwolves.com/bionicheart.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Bionic Heart 2 - the real deal!

Post by jack1974 »

I've planned 13, even if the 13th one is basically the "default" ending, that is if none of the four main playable characters reaches their goals. A fun thing is that there will be lot of deception about what some people really want to do. But must not say too much now! :wink:
MarSel
Druid

Post by MarSel »

Well it was like Tom in 1
Spoiler:
If told the truth he drops you right in it!
Hated him after that lol
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha I think is cool if people hate some characters. I like controversial characters that sometimes act in a selfish way, makes things more interesting. I think many people won't like Tom in the sequel as well :lol:
MarSel
Druid

Post by MarSel »

is there a way to kill him off because that would be my first choice :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Rofl, maybe playing as his PoV will make you change your mind on him :wink:
MarSel
Druid

Post by MarSel »

We shall see. I can't wait to see the end result! Looks like it will be very different from the first but "change is constant" So it's a good thing :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, already the multiple PoV makes it different, but also the "social boss" minigames and ... the fact that this time will be well written :lol:
Jim1958
Young scout

Post by Jim1958 »

Hi Jack, It wasn't badly written the first time. It was actually the first Winter Wolves game I stumbled upon and also the first visual novel I had ever seen. I thought, and still think, that it was a really neat premise and that having so many paths and endings was great. The one thing I didn't understand was how come Italy was the only country not affected by global warming in your story, but later on found out why.

Best Regards
Jim
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well I noticed that people tend to have VERY different opinions on what is "good writing". Many like you say that my previous games writing was OK, while others really say it was bad. I don't know honestly, but I know that since I switched from the role of full-time writer/coder to "storyboarder" (I make a sort of script of the scenes and the writers expand them) I got much better results and also I save my time which is always a good thing 8)
Thanks anyway for not thinking that my writing was bad! :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

in defense of the original artist, have to say that was one of her first works and beside, she looks much more inspired when drawing medieval stuff like she did for Heileen. Anyway I'm in love with the new Helen :mrgreen:
LOL I only noticed now that told the artist the wrong eye color, Helen has blue while Tanya has green. I was a bit distracted! :lol: