Voice Acting feedback on a great game

A dark sci-fi visual novel: http://winterwolves.com/bionicheart.htm
OromeAldaron
Young scout

Re: Voice Acting feedback on a great game

Post by OromeAldaron »

Wellllll.... I definitively like the spicy side of your games very much.

And yes, he is indeed very skilled. I independently checked the Loren subforum and was immediately mesmerized by the very nice drawings I saw. I suggest to really look into the possibility to have this artist for BH2....
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well in theory he should be done with Loren art at end of this month, so should start him on BH2 in october. But need to ask the other artist first since I offered him first (though I warned him that if he was too slow I would have been forced to use someone else).
OromeAldaron
Young scout

Post by OromeAldaron »

YESSSSSSS - tell him that your customers FORCE you to start early with BH2 and promise him to use him for some long-lasting new ubersecret project (that you don't tell us, of course).... :lol:

I would definitively look forward to a sooner-released BH2 with the Loren-artist.

And my offer for double-buying-price for fully-voiced BH2 still stands (maybe you can make a loyal band of BH friends who would commit to paying the double price, to reduce your business risk).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I recently replayed the game myself, and indeed voices are really cool in that game, I forgot how much they added to the game atmosphere/plot!
The hardest thing to replace would be Helen/Tanya voice, since that voice actress disappeared :) But will try my best! If I make the game more adventure-like (not a pure visual novel) should have less lines to speak and so voice shouldn't be a problem. Have yet to decide though!
OromeAldaron
Young scout

Post by OromeAldaron »

jack1974 wrote:I recently replayed the game myself, and indeed voices are really cool in that game, I forgot how much they added to the game atmosphere/plot!
SIRYESSIR!!!! That's correct, Sir! :mrgreen:
The atmosphere was really great in that game, and the voices were a major contribution. Of course the dark, sci-fi'ed, technoid scenery, combined with the somewhat depressing rainy atmosphere and the biotechnoid-corrupt business world gave the game a very bladerunner-ish ambience. Really great.
The hardest thing to replace would be Helen/Tanya voice, since that voice actress disappeared :) But will try my best! If I make the game more adventure-like (not a pure visual novel) should have less lines to speak and so voice shouldn't be a problem. Have yet to decide though!
That is indeed very sad, I liked her voice extremely well - I hope you manage to find her again. However, I think you would certainly find a good replacement, if needed.

Thanks very much for the news and your efforts,
Oromë
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I have good news. While I'm not 100% sure, I think I managed to bribe... ahem, convince Loren artist to work on more projects :mrgreen: And the next one should be Bionic Heart 2. So, you could expect to see BH2, with Loren art style, fully voiced, sometime in the far future (probably next year, this year have already too many things to do). 8)