Heileen 2 - walkthrough / tips

A visual novel set in the 17th century: https://www.winterwolves.com/heileen3.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Heileen 2 - walkthrough / tips

Post by jack1974 »

So even if the game is still in preorder, I want to give some tips on how to reach all the endings:

Relationships:
Spoiler:
For Ebele/Robert is quite straightforward. Everytime you end a dream you can interact with one or the other. Most actions will increase your relationship, others will reduce them. You can usually find out the effect reading the texts.
For Marcus/Juliet: for Marcus you need to ignore his advances, not talk to him, play the "hard to get" girl. For Juliet instead you need to talk about Lora when you're captured, ask her about the sword, and so on (be social).
You can find out if they're with you or not in the final scene when they gather the crew and announce what they want to do.
If they're with you they'll say "After thinking carefully, we've decided to keep Heileen and her friends onboard with us."
If they're NOT with you they'll say "After thinking carefully, we've decided it's best to leave Heileen's friends on the next island."
Limbo
Spoiler:
Just pick the option "I don't want to explore the island" when you speak to Ebele at end of first round of dreams
VIRTUES:
Chastity
Spoiler:
You helped Marcus when was a kid by NOT reporting him to Sister Anna, and you solved the quest "Marcus the pirate". You warned pirates about natives and you have good relationships with Marcus and Juliet.
Temperance
Spoiler:
Juliet & Marcus are NOT with you, you warned pirates about natives. You DON'T have the diamond from the dream with Otto. You picked mostly VIRTUE ending through the whole game (>50% of dreams ended with VIRTUES).
Charity
Spoiler:
You DID NOT warn pirates about natives. You have the diamond from the dream with Otto.
Diligence
Spoiler:
Use option "Check the Desk" when you're in Juliet cabin in the final part of the game.
Patience
Spoiler:
You didn't got the mirror from Lora dream.
Kindness
Spoiler:
You have good relationships with both Ebele/Robert, you got quests "Ebele's Feelings" and "Robert's Feelings".
Humility
Spoiler:
You lied to pirates pretending Robert/Ebele kidnapped you, and you didn't warn them about natives.
SINS:
Wrath
Spoiler:
You DID NOT warn pirates about natives. You DON'T have the diamond from the dream with Otto.
Greed
Spoiler:
Juliet & Marcus are NOT with you, you warned pirates about natives. You have the diamond from the dream with Otto.
Sloth
Spoiler:
You fail to get the axe from Jack in the first round of dreams. You got the wooden figurine instead.
Pride
Spoiler:
You refuse to help Marco cooking and you end up with the almanac instead of the pepper.
Lust
Spoiler:
You pick "Yes" when Jonathan ask you to have a "walk" with him during the tug of war dream.
Envy
Spoiler:
Juliet & Marcus are NOT with you, you warned pirates about natives. You DON'T have the diamond from the dream with Otto. You picked mostly SIN ending through the whole game (>50% of dreams ended with SINS).
Gluttony
Spoiler:
You didn't help Marcus when was a kid by picking the option "Inform Sister Anna". You warned pirates about natives and you have good relationships with Marcus and Juliet.
liz4187
Young scout

Re: Heileen 2 - walkthrough / tips

Post by liz4187 »

I still haven't been able to get the gluttony ending, I couldnt find a way to fail the marcus the pirate quest and instead can only have it in the not completed pile when I end. When I did not complete the quest I got the Chastity ending
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

You're right, indeed you must not fail the quest but never get it:
Spoiler:
you need NOT to get the quest at all! As you kid in the monastery you must pick the option "Inform Sister Anna" and not "Look for Marcus".
fun-games
Young scout

Post by fun-games »

Thanks for that I kept looking for Marcus also...
Cain0425
Young scout

Post by Cain0425 »

i am having a really hard time getting the Temperance ending and i use the hits but it still not working ever time i am getting Chastity ending
Cain0425
Young scout

Post by Cain0425 »

i need help getting the Temperance ending i did what you say in the the tips but ever time i do i get the dame Chastity ending ever time :evil: and i got all the ending but that for VIRTUES can some pls help me
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

If you get Chastity, I think is because:
Spoiler:
You helped Marcus when was a kid by NOT reporting him to Sister Anna, and you solved the quest "Marcus the pirate"."
try not helping him and solving the quest Marcus the pirate and you should get the temperance one!
Cain0425
Young scout

Post by Cain0425 »

i did do that but then i got the Gluttony ending
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

If you get that one is because you have good relationship with Marcus and Juliet :)
I know is a bit tricky since for Heileen games I didn't show the "relationship bar" like in my previous games. I am going to update them with new version of Ren'Py and I'll also add the relationship bar so will be easier to understand if you are in good relationship or not with each character. And I think I'll also include a cheat mode so people can see all the endings. Will probably update the version next month!
Cain0425
Young scout

Post by Cain0425 »

that would be good to do i can never tell with out a relationship bar when do you do update pls send it to my email