Heileen 3 development thread

A visual novel set in the 17th century: https://www.winterwolves.com/heileen3.htm
Mimi_melody
Young scout

Re: Heileen 3 development thread

Post by Mimi_melody »

Hm... Ebele for me :) :D Sorry Robert, but Ebele will be mine mine mine :mrgreen: Second will be...uh...Lora? Who knows :lol: Juliet is sexy~...but not really my taste. (Uh...probably I just hate her cuz she had her hands on my Morgan :twisted: )
Oh I see there are new dialogs for the guys as well? Like the one in Lora's vid (the spider part, and Morgan with his shirt half-naked...LOL) Is it new, or I'm just missing something from the game? :|
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Since each romance path involves all the other, yes if you play the yuri version you will also see new scenes that involves the males too. In practice if you get both versions you'll see all the dialogues, and also the game will be (even more I'd say) easier!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

here's the latest video preview, featuring Ebele. I picked a funny scene with a big misunderstanding, but as you might guess, something will happen for real between Ebele and Robert, so that Heileen will be able to fall in love with Ebele (or vice versa)... :wink:
Mimi_melody
Young scout

Post by Mimi_melody »

Oh my... Ebele wouldn't do such a thing :) (Lol, the relationship between Heileen and John now is only 5 :shock: ) Ah anyway, so you've finished Ebele's route? :mrgreen:
HAPPY NEW YEAR, 'kay? A year full of games! <3 :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha no, haven't finished it yet, but should be a matter of a few days :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

today finished all the romances and the new extra scenes (they happen after the demo, before the romance scenes starts). There are some cool new scenes written by sleepykitten, some funny but others also quite interesting (the one describing a pirate battle is very nice).
I'm now going to add all the extra new scenes for the "job milestones" and then the testing will begin! :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I split the topic since wasn't really related to Heileen here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2811
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Last update: I added the new profession texts by sleepykitten and wow, the game total wordcount is now 180,000 words! that includes the otome+yuri romances of course, but still not bad :)
I must warn that in some of the profession texts will try to reuse older backgrounds and some characters won't appear on screen. For example in the Praying there should be a church and a priest, but those job texts weren't supposed to be in the game at all and I don't want to delay the game release to add a few more backgrounds (and for the sprites I don't think the artist would even be available).
So you'll have to use a bit of imagination :wink:

Now while she edit the text with Roommates writer I'm going to test all the yuri romances... I only coded them but didn't test anything :oops: anyway considering is only the 5th I'd say we're perfectly on track with the estimate release for the 15th January :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The last famous words :lol: this time is not writer/artist/bla bla fault but mine. Well, I don't think being sick once a year is a big fault but still if the yuri version will be delayed this time is because was KO for 3 days because of a strong flu. I am better now but I can just write, I tried to code but no way can do it. Anyway, there's still time, so I think the delay vs the expected release date should be only of a few days 8)
Aveline
Young scout

Post by Aveline »

a global flu?
seems like everyone I know,including you is having a strong flu O.o
never believed it was contagious until now !!
good luck geting well anyway :D