Heileen 3 development thread

A visual novel set in the 17th century: https://www.winterwolves.com/heileen3.htm
MarSel
Druid

Re: Heileen 3 development thread

Post by MarSel »

One thing was missing from the game!
:o Magdalene!
Where did she go?? :shock:
I get you decided to not have her as a yuri romance but the leave her out the game completely! I'm shocked :shock: (Just kidding No skin off my nose but I was wondering why she wasn't in it though?)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

To say the truth I wanted to, but she was really a "long shot". I mean she was a childhood friend of Heileen, and lived in Bavaria... a bit hard to explain her magically appearing in the Caribbean! Also, needed new artwork and I don't think the artist could make it in time. Is a character I like a lot, but sometimes you have to make some tough decisions and leave someone out :oops:
MarSel
Druid

Post by MarSel »

Fair enough I wondered how you were going to get Jonathan in the Caribbean too since he wasn't on the ship but you did wonderfully. Poor Magdalene she will be missed
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yeah, the main problem was art/time/costs and all that! To be honest I did this third episode just to make some fan happy but probably won't be really worth much my time. But anyway, I'm indie not for money for sure :lol:
MarSel
Druid

Post by MarSel »

I must say I'm glad you put the stories for the professional endings loved them :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes that was a very good suggestion indeed :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ok so today I'm going to make the various separate installer and upload version 1.0 which has only some typos fixed vs the 0.73. The short scenes for the +3 jobs will be added later, probably as I release the yuri version since we're at good point with it (aiming to have it finished beginning/mid of January). I wanted to have the game ready for Christmas, the promo video is done so definitely will release the game sometimes this week 8) thanks for everyone for the help in testing it and for the suggestions!
MarSel
Druid

Post by MarSel »

Your welcome anytime Jack, I hope any small ideas or comments I make about any of your games help. I Love all your games and will help in anyway to make yours games the best they can be and I'm sure many others will agree with me.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks! And yes, the various suggestions from people in forums help me make better games for sure 8)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Got a latest update for the texts today, the scene with Lora and Heileen meeting the drunk pirates after the dance was replaced. It was meant to be a somewhat sexy/funny scene, but I agree with the writers that came out badly, and could be misinterpreted and for sure doesn't fit well with the general game setting (light comedy). So that one will be removed and replaced with a new one :) After this change will probably release the game!