about Loren vs SOTW

Games with combat, inventory, crafting and more beside a story and dating/life sim gameplay
Jaeger
Druid

Re: about Loren vs SOTW

Post by Jaeger »

The audience for RPGs is definitely there, though the sheer amount content for those games combined with a lot of competition makes it quite the gamble.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes is not easy indeed. In my case would be a good excuse to reuse all the work I've done in SOTW for a game without the need to worry about a plot but more on the gameplay part since I have many things needed for roguelike style games already implemented (maps, randomized items for example). Anyway, of course I have already enough other things to do, so right now is just an idea but not sure I'll really do this.
Taleweaver
Official writer

Post by Taleweaver »

jack1974 wrote:Haha thanks. I really like how the SOTW combat turned out. Sure it could be improved, but you can say that about any game. I think that more than the combat itself it could be interesting to change the "metagame" surrounding it. Like if I go "pure gameplay" without a story, having a roster of fighters from which you can pick a party and send out to do quests, the party members can get injured and need days to heal, and several dungeons/places to visit with randomized rewards. Well maybe one day I'll do a game like that :mrgreen:
Don't forget what I have lying around in a drawer for you ^_^
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ssht! that's a secret project. I don't need to tell people yet otherwise they will start asking for a release date :lol:
iWeasle
Woods ranger

Post by iWeasle »

jack1974 wrote:Ssht! that's a secret project. I don't need to tell people yet otherwise they will start asking for a release date :lol:
Is the secret project "secret"?
Ratman: HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!