Responding to the male Death elemental...

Games with combat, inventory, crafting and more beside a story and dating/life sim gameplay
SpectralTime
Woods ranger

Responding to the male Death elemental...

Post by SpectralTime »

Regarding Big Blind...

Really, even the blood-from-the-eyes isn't so bad. Just drop his "slasher smile" and he'd be almost normal.

However, since he's already gotten the art done, why not make a different, male character on the "good guy" roster available to play as?

Though that would probably be too much work... dang.
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Responding to the male Death elemental...

Post by jack1974 »

Well there's also a "normal" expression of the guy :)
I could have two more hero done, a "Evil" version of Undead Lily and a good version of him. It would be cool if the appearance changed based on players decisions :lol:
Anyway will see, in this game I'd like to focus more on the gameplay than the plot. I mean should be more RPG+simulation than RPG+visual novel.
Carmentis
Young scout

Post by Carmentis »

jack1974 wrote:Well there's also a "normal" expression of the guy :)
I could have two more hero done, a "Evil" version of Undead Lily and a good version of him. It would be cool if the appearance changed based on players decisions :lol:
That would be a totally awesome possum idea! Kinda reminds me of the old PC game Black & White where your godly hand and village would change depending on the way you treat other villagers and your own. Also Fable comes to mind with that to. Although that could be costly in the long run with all the art and such with scenes and all.

jack1974 wrote:Anyway will see, in this game I'd like to focus more on the gameplay than the plot. I mean should be more RPG+simulation than RPG+visual novel.
Although you can't leave out plot. *nodnods* What about a combination of all three? Either way I hope I can make that fire guy blush, the earth guy seems more confident. Besides I love making guys blush~ He seems like the kind of guy that would be very good at fighting but flustered and stutter a bit and become shy with emotions. :wink:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well I love story-based games, but I have also to listen to what people say :lol:
Probably the easiest solution is to have cut scenes entirely optional, so who wants to do those can, and who don't want to read can skip them.
Carmentis
Young scout

Post by Carmentis »

Indeed! That's why I suggested making a poll for people to vote on stuff. That way a lot of the lurkers and such will have some input who are to shy to even post and stuff. :wink:

Ooh, if you do that you know which option I'm having on! I can't wait for both those optional um, options. :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

So, based on the poll looks like "Elemental Avengers" is the most wanted title. However, based on my recent events (found out that a movie called "Remember Me" was out last winter in US, same name as my upcoming otome game!! grr...) from now on, I'm going to always put quite unique stuff in titles.
I'm thinking to call it "Undead Lily and the Elemental Avengers" or something like that.

As for the playable character I've officially started producing a "Evil" version of Lily and a "Good" version of Big Blind.
Admire Undead Lily in battle pose with her favourite weapon, the whip (there will be more weapons in game like a ritual dagger, a mace, and so on).
SpectralTime
Woods ranger

Post by SpectralTime »

Whoo hoo! Thanks!

...I hope it wasn't too much work.

Also :o. That's... quite a picture.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Was a bit of extra work, but I think after all was worth it :) I have yet to think how to use this in the game, if to make a BIG game like Planet Stronghold, or perhaps separate it into two different versions, so you can buy only one (depending on your interests) or both.