Bug: Phantom Random Encounters

Life simulation game in a fantasy world: http://www.winterwolves.com/spiritedheart.htm
JanneShade
Young scout

Bug: Phantom Random Encounters

Post by JanneShade »

While pursuing Thofte as a human, after meeting him a few times at the gardener job, I guess I chose a wrong option and he blew up at me. The character decided she didn't want to see him anymore. Ever since this event, I've been getting "Random encounter" messages that take me straight to the character sheet update screen. They seem to happen about once a month as long as I keep doing the gardening job.
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Bug: Phantom Random Encounters

Post by jack1974 »

Ah weird, I'm going to investigate this :)
JanneShade
Young scout

Post by JanneShade »

Update to this, now that I can see the topic: It's not limited to just when I do the gardening job. I had it happen when I did other jobs, and even when I relaxed.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Hmm good to know, but happened related to Thofte? or happened also with other characters?
JanneShade
Young scout

Post by JanneShade »

I've only had it happen with Thofte, when I get into a fight with him as the human. I can try to replicate the bug, and send you the save file?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes a savegame would rule, or you should explain exactly in which dialogues it appear (like quoting a few lines of the sentence). I don't remember myself when he fights with you :lol:
The savegames are in windows:
c:\users\yourlogin\appdata\roaming\renpy\Spirited_Heart-1.0

you should see a list:
1-LT1.save
2-LT1.save
3-LT1.save
and so on corresponding to the save slots.
JanneShade
Young scout

Post by JanneShade »

It's the event after he gives you the black orchid. It goes like this:

----------
Who knows if I can find him. The royal gardens are so huge!

Thofte: Ruko! Hi!

Ruko: I have finally found you!

Thofte: Why? Were you looking for me?

Ruko: Yes... Do you remember that black orchid you gave me some time ago?

Thofte: Of course. Do you want to know how to cultivate it?

Ruko: I...

<Talk about him>

Ruko: To be honest, no.

Thofte: And so...? Why are you here?

Ruko: I... wanted to speak about you. I don't know anything about you.

Thofte: Oh... It is not important you know.

Ruko: For me it is. I'm interested

Thofte: ...

Ruko: Don't you want to tell me anything?

Thofte: What do you want me to say? I was born to a very poor family!

Ruko: But it doesn't-

Thofte: My parents died when I was 10 years old!

Ruko: ...

Thofte: I went to stay with my uncle, who beat me every time that I made a mistake! He forced me to stay in the farm with him! To help him, instead of sending me to school!

Ruko: Thofte, calm down! Are you crazy?

Thofte: ...

Thofte: I want you to go now. I'm so sorry . <--- (Extra space before period, typo)

Ruko: But I... wanted to tell you...

Thofte: Another time!

What a mess. And to think I wanted only to know something about him, because I like... rather, I liked him... I didn't think that he could lose control in that way.

After behaving like that... I think it's better that I don't go see him anymore.

<Character sheet comes up, no changes made. At this point, I have 2 hearts with Thofte>
----------

After this, phantom random events start popping up. They seem to be able to happen at any time, after relaxing, after training, or after doing any job. -ANY- job, even jobs where other prospective boyfriends can show up. If there are other events that can happen at that job, however, they will happen instead of the phantom encounter. For example, I had Mgorem show up at the cleaner job after this event. On the other hand, I had already seen Janimee's three events at the waitress job, working there had phantom encounters happen after this event.

I have a save file at this point, with the phantom encounters. Where do you want me to send it?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well if you have the savegame is surely better :) Can you send it to info at winterwolves.com please? thanks!
JanneShade
Young scout

Post by JanneShade »

jack1974 wrote:Yes a savegame would rule, or you should explain exactly in which dialogues it appear (like quoting a few lines of the sentence). I don't remember myself when he fights with you :lol:
The savegames are in windows:
c:\users\yourlogin\appdata\roaming\renpy\Spirited_Heart-1.0

you should see a list:
1-LT1.save
2-LT1.save
3-LT1.save
and so on corresponding to the save slots.
Found it... it's a different, though similar file path in Windows XP. Files sent.