Planned update

Life simulation game in a fantasy world: http://www.winterwolves.com/spiritedheart.htm
Moonstruck Muse
Young scout

Re: Planned update

Post by Moonstruck Muse »

jack1974 wrote:
Moonstruck Muse wrote:I think my main suggestion would be, if possible (I have no idea how much work this would involve), have some random dialogue for the job/study stuff, or something to keep it interesting. I don't know about anyone else, but I found even with the dice game those parts were rather boring for me. In your later games the little random dialogues and such to keep it more interesting. Or at least that is a suggestion for the sequel!
Heh, that's a problem with those games. I mean in Always Remember Me was possible because the game follows a predefined path, even if made in such a way that you still have freedom. With Spirited Heart would be harder. I think the best solution, and I'm talking about the sequel here, is to have different minigames for each job, or have lots of stuff to do beside the job, so that every day/week you don't just work but can also do several other things. One of them might be combat, or maybe dungeon exploration, or something else. In practice, something more similar to Princess Maker, from which my game is clearly inspired 8)
Moonstruck Muse wrote:By the way, were you able to find a similar artist? Will we get any previews of the new girls at some point? :)
Haha it was a pain, but I think I found a "similar-enough" one. I already sent her all the infos, but so far I didn't get any sketches... I really hope to get something to show soon, also because my writer complained too, saying that is hard to write about a character that you don't have even some reference (and she's right!).
I absolutely adore the idea of doing different things with jobs! I adore the Princess Maker games (they and Harvest Moon are what got me into dating sims), so I am very excited to hear they are influencing these games more. The several other things sounds like a great idea, and even more fun than random text! Makes me even more excited for the sequel! Also good luck with the artist; I agree that the writer would have a lot of trouble not knowing the characters' looks more!
Elmsdor
Young scout

Post by Elmsdor »

Was there ever a discussion in regards to stats? Whether the limit was raised with no degradation, or EVERY job included reductions, but at differing rates.

I enjoyed the hunt for Titles. Be nice if they had perks to go with them, such as more money, or a dramatic counter attack of bandits who stalk you in the Forest :P

Understandably, the addon can only make mini changes, compared to the eventual dreamstate of a sequel. Maybe a mini game with those random events, so you don't suffer a brain drain? Or win a Kingdom Lottery! Keke.

Cheers.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, for this expansion already just the new romance subplots are worth the price. I mean for $9.99 you get 6 full subplots, some really well done and original characters. The GxG version is turning out much better than the original GxB romance :oops:
But I'll try to see if I can do some other minigame, or some other small features to improve the gameplay. But I keep all suggestions for the sequel which probably will be done next year!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Elmsdor wrote:Was there ever a discussion in regards to stats? Whether the limit was raised with no degradation, or EVERY job included reductions, but at differing rates.
Ah about this, I thought to raise the limit, so that wouldn't be 99 anymore but 999, and remove completely the stat reduction. I have to see if that's possible though because lots of gameplay mechanics are tied to the current system/values, so not sure I can do this without breaking everything! :mrgreen:
Elmsdor
Young scout

Post by Elmsdor »

*Squeals* Ooh can't wait!

And that's an awesome price, as well as quality improvements! :)

Maybe some mini games as well as rewards for things, like BlackJack, Lottery, Roulette, etc.

Title requirement changes? 99/75 worked for a bit, but 80/70/60/50 might BOTH encourage diverse stat growths and allows the Heroine to run into everyone sometime, instead of 4 years on a single job :P And perks!

99-wha? If you can, go for it, haha. Though 255 might work too? Safe integer limit.

Cheers.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Elmsdor wrote:Title requirement changes? 99/75 worked for a bit, but 80/70/60/50 might BOTH encourage diverse stat growths and allows the Heroine to run into everyone sometime, instead of 4 years on a single job
Yes but some player might find getting a Title very hard, since I had some people complaining already with the current system. Probably I need to make the "easy" mode even easier. Or like you said add perks that give some unique bonus that can make the game easier somehow... will need to think about it.
Elmsdor
Young scout

Post by Elmsdor »

There's an Easy mode? *checks*

Oh perhaps I need to reword the Title part. Instead of maybe making Maximum Stat being required, use a high set of stat spreads instead? This will allow the character to maybe make some advances to the subplots as well as stat up.

Example - Warrior. 99 Combat 75 Magic . Means 85 turns at two jobs with no chance of interacting with anyone else. A spread of stats (say 70 Combat 50 Magic 40 Strength 40 Concentration 40 Wisdom) means you may run into someone -anyone else- while meeting prerequisites.

Health seems to be the BIGGEST commodity in game ;) Any perk which will help gold, luck, or health, or even bigger stat ups, may be, just a perk :P They can even be tied into the Title for all that hard work, incentive. I found the interactive intro was awesome, both story wise and game wise.

Cheers.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Elmsdor wrote:Example - Warrior. 99 Combat 75 Magic . Means 85 turns at two jobs with no chance of interacting with anyone else. A spread of stats (say 70 Combat 50 Magic 40 Strength 40 Concentration 40 Wisdom) means you may run into someone -anyone else- while meeting prerequisites.
Yes understood what you mean. Probably could be more fun than repeating the same job until you reach 99 indeed!
After the expansion, will be easier to run in someone though, if you have purchased both GxB and GxG :)
Elmsdor wrote:Health seems to be the BIGGEST commodity in game ;) Any perk which will help gold, luck, or health, or even bigger stat ups, may be, just a perk :P They can even be tied into the Title for all that hard work, incentive. I found the interactive intro was awesome, both story wise and game wise.
The problem with title is that if I remember correctly (LOL I know it's my game but haven't played it since a while) once you get the title, if is the one demanded by the Goddess, the game ends. So I need to find a way to prevent the player from "accidentally" finish the game. Maybe just an option, "you got the title the Goddess asked you, you want still to play?".

The interactive intro was cool indeed. I plan to make something similar but much shorter for Loren, to define the main character background and change some stats :)
Elmsdor
Young scout

Post by Elmsdor »

Haha indeed it is, and sounds good to me!

Yeah, the sudden stop had me going, "...what?" Although I do like the visit, and sense of purpose, ability to push on would be great. Maybe a small wish for fulfilling it, instead of the grande one. And then you resume.

That would be great, adding up another fun interactive part to Loren too, and gives you a small definition story to play with too :)

I thoroughly enjoy the story and bondships though, so keep at it :D Any extra objectives would be a mini game in itself.

Cheers.
Carmentis
Young scout

Post by Carmentis »

I was curious about pricing myself for this. I'm not really interested in it b-but I love Princess Maker type games and I want to show support for Spirited Heart 2 and for other winter wolves games! d(^-^)

Just please tell me the endings aren't bittersweet this time! :lol: