Can't Trigger Mgorem with Steam Version?

Life simulation game in a fantasy world: http://www.winterwolves.com/spiritedheart.htm
daikiraikimi
Woods ranger

Can't Trigger Mgorem with Steam Version?

Post by daikiraikimi »

I was just trying out my Steam install of Spirited Hearts Deluxe, and I am having problems triggering Mgorem's romance route. I managed to get three encounters as a cleaner, but I've been working as a soldier for months with nothing. I started playing without looking at guides, and I just wanted to make a badass elf warrior-- I went straight for building/farming until I could be a soldier-- then I maxed out my combat stat. (I was so pissed when the Elf goddess came to tell me she wanted me to be a scholar. Screw you god, I'm gunna be an uncouth warrior!)

I'm not sure if me maxing out my combat skill is interfering with my ability to meet Mgorem at that job? If anyone has any advice it would be a great help, thanks!
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Re: Can't Trigger Mgorem with Steam Version?

Post by Miakoda »

I got Mgorem on Steam. However, it is possible you gave a wrong answer while playing as a Cleaner.

As a Cleaner, you should pick the following answers:
Cleaner
1: Make fun of him or Show him respect
2: Try to flatter him
3: Refuse and go home

And sometimes it just takes a long time for the encounters to trigger.
daikiraikimi
Woods ranger

Post by daikiraikimi »

Those aren't actually the prompts I got, I don't know if they changed in the deluxe version. After several months of bad luck, I did finally trigger the events-- all at once too, haha. Looks like it was just an unusually long string of coincidence.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes the choices changes based on the race you picked :) but the Steam version is same as my site so should all work fine!
daikiraikimi
Woods ranger

Post by daikiraikimi »

Oh, got it. Thanks for the clarification. :)

Are the Goddess titles also based on your race? I wanted to make a badass fighter elf, but no matter how many times I reload the Elf Goddess wants me to be a Scholar, Gardener, Noble, or Merchant.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No the titles are random!
...at least I think. Or maybe are based a bit on which stats you have already raised. I don't remember now, should look in code :mrgreen:
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

It may also be a little of both; I usually get stats above a certain level, and the title is usually random at that point.
daikiraikimi
Woods ranger

Post by daikiraikimi »

jack1974 wrote:No the titles are random!
...at least I think. Or maybe are based a bit on which stats you have already raised. I don't remember now, should look in code :mrgreen:
Would love to find out when you look! I have Strength, Stamina, Concentration, and Dexterity at 50ish, as well as Combat skill. Most other stats are under 30.