Spirited Hearts Trial Version "Not Responding"

Life simulation game in a fantasy world: http://www.winterwolves.com/spiritedheart.htm
Mist42
Young scout

Spirited Hearts Trial Version "Not Responding"

Post by Mist42 »

After downloading and installing the trail version from the official site, I noticed that upon opening the application that the game gets stuck and fails to respond. In other words: all I ever get is a white window that never stops thinking.

After browsing the topics on this forum I noticed that a couple other people had my same issue with the whole "Windows 7 64-bit version doesn't work" and it looked like they might have fixed it, but the link is too old and has been removed. Is there something I can do to make the game run properly? I've uninstalled, re-downloaded, and re-installed the game a few times just to make sure there was nothing wrong with the file, but it turns out the same each time.

Again, I'm running Windows 7 64-bit version. Not sure what other information you might need.
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Spirited Hearts Trial Version "Not Responding"

Post by jack1974 »

It should really work, the OS is not the problem, more likely the videocard. In the game installation folder there should be a subdirectory called "lib", with the directX9 installer, try updating your DX drivers and restart the game.
Mist42
Young scout

Post by Mist42 »

"DirectX setup has determined that a newer or equivalent version of DirectX has been installed already. No installation is necessary." I can't imagine it being DX since I have a couple hundred games I run on this computer, but thanks for replying. Not sure where I can check, but I think I'm running DX 11...
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Hmm did you get the demo from my site right? might be an outdated demo. I am not sure since the computer I have (and one I use to test) is indeed a Win7 64-bit and the game runs fine here!
Mist42
Young scout

Post by Mist42 »

http://www.winterwolves.com/spiritedheart.htm Clicked the Windows version.

Edit: if it helps, here's the thread I was talking about finding with a similar problem. viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1007
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes then is the right version. Might be some other software running on your computer, maybe try rebooting Windows? is really strange that all you get is a white window! People had problems before but not like that, the game started and was showing corrupted graphic, but was working (you could hear the music playing).
Mist42
Young scout

Post by Mist42 »

Rebooted Windows, let it sit there, opened up the game, sitting at a white window saying 'not responding'. T_T
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Try to uninstall, and redownload and reinstall the game in a different directory, sometimes the installation file can get corrupted.
Mist42
Young scout

Post by Mist42 »

I've tried it in four different locations, including the default location. Still giving me a white window. T_T
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

There's a last resort thing to try:
1) download this .txt file: environment.txt (you might have to right-click on the link and choose "save as...")
2) place it in the game installation folder, where the Spirited Heart.exe is
3) run the game

that file FORCES the game to run in software compatibility mode. When I had other users with that problem (really a FEW, can count them with one hand) using that file solved the problem. Once the game starts try pressing shift+G to see if you can make it run in OpenGL or DX mode, since in software mode doesn't run really well :)