Spirited Heart 2 development thread

Life simulation game in a fantasy world: http://www.winterwolves.com/spiritedheart.htm
Franka
Elder Druid

Re: Spirited Heart 2 development thread

Post by Franka »

jack1974 wrote:I only told him just before Christmas, and while he seemed OK, now he changed his mind. But I didn't pay anything for the yuri version since he didn't even start drawing the female romances.
Honestly, it sounds like he's just making an excuse so he won't have to do more work for you.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

OK I slept over it, but found no solution. Instead I just did a 20min walk in the snow and... idea! :lol:
"Fire" this artist and pick a new one to do the sprites. Not just because of this yuri thing, but also because he's too slow. I realized that even if he agreed, the game art wouldn't be finished before 1 more year... also, this is one of my most anticipated games so I want to pick a very good artist.
I had already an agreement with another girl to do the CGs, but I'd rather if the CGs are done by the same person since should be very high quality (I'm thinking to ask Flower Shop artist since she's one of the best artist I know).
However is not right that the other artist has to "lose the job", so I'll have her redo the final romance scenes of my almost forgotten Undead Lily game, so she has a lot of work anyway even if she won't be working on Spirited Heart 2 CGs.

I think this solution will make everyone (players and collaborators) happy 8)
Fearsome
Young scout

Post by Fearsome »

Make sure she understands that she will be fulfilling the already paid for commission and not to let her gouge you for more.

And the Flowershop art was gorgeous, yes, and the artist seems like she might be willing to do Yaoi AND Yuri, so :D Looking forward to this, so very very much now!

Glad it all worked out, Jack, I'd have been okay with just the Het now and a Yaoi and Yuri friendly SH3, but if the Flowershop artist can meet the deadline of the original artist? Fantastic!
(again, if you did a kickstarter type thing for this game, I would totally buy in! XD)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Not sure the Flower Shop artist will be available though since she's pretty busy. But that is still a reference of the kind of quality I'd like. I don't want to make hurried decisions for this game, I want it to have the best artist I can find (that is willing to do yuri/yaoi of course!).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

WOOT excellent news. The Flower Shop artist said she has no problem with yuri/yaoi!! 8)
So, she will redo all the art of the game. Will take a while, and so the game will be delayed, but at least she's a very reliable person so I'm very relieved when she said yes :)
josipa24
Young scout

Post by josipa24 »

jack1974 wrote:WOOT excellent news. The Flower Shop artist said she has no problem with yuri/yaoi!! 8)
So, she will redo all the art of the game. Will take a while, and so the game will be delayed, but at least she's a very reliable person so I'm very relieved when she said yes :)
Woohoo awesome! Great news, indeed :mrgreen: . And no matter how long it takes, I'm gonna be standing in line to buy it when it's done :).
thesleepykitten
Official writer

Post by thesleepykitten »

Phew, glad that was all sorted.

Of course it means there will be more delays, but the art will be amazing/beautiful, and if my pacing goes well, my writing will be all ready to go once the coding/scripting starts.

(And yes, that's a lot of art to redo. ._. And she has 8-9 other projects...)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

We talked and very likely are going to release the game through several updates. Like first the GxB (since it's the one where there's more writing/design already), then the yuri, then BxG and yaoi. Then add 6 new boys and girls. Will probably take a bit of time but better than wait 2-3 years for a new game, right? :oops:
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

jack1974 wrote:We talked and very likely are going to release the game through several updates. Like first the GxB (since it's the one where there's more writing/design already), then the yuri, then BxG and yaoi. Then add 6 new boys and girls. Will probably take a bit of time but better than wait 2-3 years for a new game, right? :oops:
Good idea, looking forward to picking them up in the future.
Fearsome
Young scout

Post by Fearsome »

Oh god, it's Christmas!
<3 THANK YOU JACK! Thank you artist! Thank you Sleepy Kitten!
*rolls around in this news like the catnip it is*
Yessssss oh god yes.

I love expansions, I know some gamers frown on them, but it lets me re-visit the game every few months for a few intense play weeks, then when ADHD hits, I know I can faff off without finishing everything right now, as I will finish it off when I have my next big burst of playing at each expansion.

It makes a game last for years instead of months, too. <3

Oh god, yessss... also, uhm, can I beg most humbly that we get something like Cinders? Like a Gallery that we can track our endings and re-visit the absolutely amazing and gorgeous arts?