Spirited Girl's Love deluxe technical issues

Life simulation game in a fantasy world: http://www.winterwolves.com/spiritedheart.htm
Rebly82
Woods ranger

Spirited Girl's Love deluxe technical issues

Post by Rebly82 »

I'm having a couple of problems with the game that I hope you could resolve.

First, I have to state that I can play other games like Love & Order and Planet Stronghold just fine.

Now for the issues. This version that I have installed is the demo version of spirited heart's girl's love you posted in the release section.

1. As soon as I hit up the "game options" menu, the formatting went all screwy and the 'save' and 'main menu' options were blanked out. Is this supposed to be natural?

Error image 1

2. So regardless, I continued onwards even though some of the selection screens were borked.

Error image 2

3. And when I reached a branching portion such as this, I couldn't save! This is not good, as I always save at this point in case I make a wrong choice.

Error image 3

My system specs:

Windows XP SP 3
1.8ghz
2 gb ram
Intel Graphics 965 express

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Spirited Girl's Love deluxe technical issues

Post by jack1974 »

Wow that's weird :o I think is because of the video card. Can you try holding shift when the game start? A menu should appear, and you can select "Software Renderer" mode, it will go a bit slower but you shouldn't have that problems anymore!
A version of Ren'Py (the tool I use to make the games) with DirectX support will be out in the next weeks, so once is officially released I'll convert all my games to use it and should work better also on PC with Intel graphics cards like yours :oops:
Rebly82
Woods ranger

Post by Rebly82 »

Thank you for your help Jack.

Unfortunately, nothing happened when I hit the 'shift' key.

However, after messing around with my graphic options, I found that enabling "Force s3tc texture compression" and "Force fxt1 texture compression" under Intel graphic's OpenGL settings fixed the formatting issues.

So it did sort of work out in the end.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah cool, good to know that you found a way :)
Entertainer13
Young scout

Post by Entertainer13 »

I'm getting these exact same issues, and nothing I'm doing is helping I'm on a:

MacBoon OSX 10.5.8
2 GHz Intel Core Due Processor
1 GB Ram

Anything I can do to fix this would be appreciated. I can't back out of certain scenes or read descriptions of homes.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah you have a problem on MacOS? That is a new issue. You can try holding shift (or CTRL) key to switch to software mode, though on Mac is really strange since openGL is built-in! If you want you can try contacting Ren'Py author directly on this forum: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewforum.php?f=32
He'll be able to assist you better, ask you to post opengl.txt content so he can see exactly where's your problem. Is the first time I hear someone having a problem on Mac!
Entertainer13
Young scout

Post by Entertainer13 »

jack1974 wrote:Ah you have a problem on MacOS? That is a new issue. You can try holding shift (or CTRL) key to switch to software mode, though on Mac is really strange since openGL is built-in! If you want you can try contacting Ren'Py author directly on this forum: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewforum.php?f=32
He'll be able to assist you better, ask you to post opengl.txt content so he can see exactly where's your problem. Is the first time I hear someone having a problem on Mac!
Yeah, it's odd, the previous (non-delus) demo worked fine. This? Not so much.
Entertainer13
Young scout

Post by Entertainer13 »

jack1974 wrote:Ah you have a problem on MacOS? That is a new issue. You can try holding shift (or CTRL) key to switch to software mode, though on Mac is really strange since openGL is built-in! If you want you can try contacting Ren'Py author directly on this forum: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewforum.php?f=32
By the by... how do I GET the, uh, "opengl.txt" content anyway? I'm not the most techie minded.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Hm it should create the file in the game folder, or maybe inside the app package. Did you try with SHIFT or CTRL ? You need to hold it down before you start the game and keep it hold down until it starts. Anyway, on MacOS you shouldn't have that error! Seems a problem in the graphic driver setting or maybe you need to run Software Update?
I have told Ren'Py coder about this thread, maybe he can suggest something.
Entertainer13
Young scout

Post by Entertainer13 »

I have the most up to date softerware update. I held Shift, (control just brings up the right click menu, but held anyway and chose "open"). It's still looking weird.

I even made a seperate "clean" account to see if I had any odd settings. Same results as the image posted above.

I'll get on the Ren site and see what they can do.