Desktop Mobile Forums Blog Support Patreon

Pining for a male version...

Life simulation game in a fantasy world: http://www.winterwolves.com/spiritedheart.htm
SpectralTime
Woods ranger

Pining for a male version...

Postby SpectralTime » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:34 am

On the one hand, I enjoy sim games like this one. On the other hand, I could give a crap about yuri or otome.

On the other other hand... I get it. There probably wouldn't be much market for a male version. It'll never happen, and with good reason.

...But I can pine. :cry:

jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Pining for a male version...

Postby jack1974 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:11 am

Well, Summer Session didn't do too bad, so there's hope! Probably I need to make another game with school setting, since that setting seems to work also for males, indeed similar games like Magical Diary are getting a male version after the female one was out (fantasy lifesim). For Spirited Heart 2, I have all the art ready but obviously being the sequel is female only. Also that artist disappeared so I can't commission him the males :(
I have in mind a cool idea inspired by Persona3-4 (but without the RPG element) which might be done next year depending how other projects go. Anyway I'll be making Bionic Heart 2 and that will have both male/female protagonist.

thezooqueen
Young scout

Postby thezooqueen » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:47 am

There is another possibility with that. You have all the males and female you need already. You could chose one from all 3 of the races from the characters already in the game. Simply put it would be the same game essentially but from the guys perspective. Only I would hope for more character interaction. I wish there was more character interaction in the first one :)

jack1974
Pack leader

Postby jack1974 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:04 am

Well the sequel will have same setup (girls x boys). The problem is that artist I used for sequel is ... not really fast :lol: so no way I can think about adding males now even if I wanted to! About the interactions, there are more scenes and more characters in the sequel :)

thezooqueen
Young scout

Postby thezooqueen » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:09 am

hehe Sorry I keep asking too much from you. I am curious what is your part in making the games? Plot creator? Story writer? Program Designer? Distributor? Music/ Sound effects?

jack1974
Pack leader

Postby jack1974 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:32 am

I've no fixed role but changes from game to game, even if usually I do the main coding/game design and in some cases write plot outlines, in other writers have more freedom, etc.

thezooqueen
Young scout

Postby thezooqueen » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:40 am

Very nice :) I bet you have lots of fun :)

BobTheMob
Druid

Postby BobTheMob » Sun May 08, 2016 7:28 pm

A request should such ever be done:

Could the same female characters be in it? :)

The plot-twist backstories on those who had such were awesome! :)
#ChambarasArmy #ChalassasFreedomFighters

Return to “Spirited Heart”