New version 1.0.3 coming shortly (mid-July)

A space strategy macromanagement game with turnbased battles.
jack1974
Pack leader

New version 1.0.3 coming shortly (mid-July)

Post by jack1974 »

I thought to post an update about... the new update :mrgreen:
Version 1.0.3 probably won't feature yet the random global events (sorry), BUT it will be one of the biggest update ever I have done in my games.
First of all some bugfixes and new features based on the feedback I got in this forum, and for this I want to thanks all the people that took the time to write the suggestions!
But speaking about big changes: I've implemented a real-time turn (during the macromanagement part only) that I believe will fix the "initial slowness" of the game. Turns will now advance automatically so you won't have to press end of turn several times. You'll be able to adjust speed with + and - keys, so you can still pause the game anytime if you need to decide something :)
Then, I've added the Skirmish Mode. In practice the game plays like a normal match, but with some essential differences:
  • you start with unlimited materials and money
  • all technologies are known (so you can build all kinds of ships)
  • ships building time is greatly reduced
So with this mode you are "ready to go" into battle, for those people like Astral and others that wants just to start fighting without having to manage anything 8)

Lastly, the custom ships! I am programming that right now. In practice you'll be able to assemble your ship using all the devices known, and then add it to the Ships tech category, research it (and all the missing technologies) and then you can already build it for the next battle. Custom ships are shared among all your games so you don't have to redesign them from scratch each time.

Estimate release for the beta should be this weekend, and I aim a final release for the mid of July.
Random1
Young scout

Re: New version 1.0.3 coming shortly (mid-July)

Post by Random1 »

And then he mentions a $10 price increase. :twisted:

Nah sounds really good... wish I was into these games. Perhaps I'll redownload it and try a few more minutes when it's ready.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha no, price will remain the same :)

Well you can give a try with the new version, just for testing. The real-time mode combined with skirmish mode makes it completely a different game though, much easier to get straight into the battles than before.
wolfdaddy2002
Young scout

Post by wolfdaddy2002 »

just so i understand, I'll be able to get version 1.03 for free? and it won't mess up any saved games? Oh, and THANK YOU FOR LISTENING!!! Honestly, that alone would make me buy more of your games. In, fact it does.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, it's a free update, so if you bought the game already nothing else to pay.
About savegames no, sorry the old ones won't be compatible - added too much stuff to allow the customization of the ships... but if you play in real-time mode you'll see how fast is to play a new game (and you can still pause any moment to think) ;)

tsk tsk you had any doubts about me listening to user feedback!? :twisted:

(as long as they don't ask me to rewrite the game from scratch, that is lol)
KnockOut
Young scout

Post by KnockOut »

Well, I still think you should improve Ultimate Goalkeeper. That game had lots of potential.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, well when will be the right time I want to make the sequel, with the match completely in 3d. But will be a long time from now... :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Just a small update about S2 new update: the custom ships works already 8) but I need to balance it a bit, expecially to avoid that you design the uber ship too easily ;) also need to make the CPU AI that will assemble their own ships. This time seems really will keep the deadline of mid-july.