I'm working frenetically on version 1.0.3 with many new features, but I'll try to reply to some of your questions here:
1. I could indeed have the game start with some materials and money already, and a few ships. In 1.0.3. there will also be a real-time management that will solve the problem (you can always pause the speed if you need to think)
2. I didn't thought about it, but there are so few stars already... don't know about this one, you can select a smaller galaxy (with less starsystems) if you want to start fighting sooner with the opponent faction
3. Ah no, actually there are even not many considering the kind of game! the good thing though is that you really don't need to research them all to win, if you're good in the wargame part (or choose easy level)
4. The flashing ship is your active ship, it flashes even when is your turn (so you know which one you're moving)
5. You can speedup the movement using the + and - numeric keyboard, probably would be better to set it at max speed by default
6. yes, zoom will be added, probably on version 1.0.4 though
7 and 8. this is a known problem (another user reported it) and indeed I'm thinking what to do, if to put it on the bottom, or make it disappear if you just want to move the ship (it would appear only if you target an enemy)
9. well planets give regeneration to HP and crew, so if you have damaged ship/transport is good to capture one and station a few ships around it
10. because otherwise the game would be too easy
11. yes, I agree, will make it faster already in next version!
12. problem is that moving on those part, could be hidden by the ship panel. I have to think where to place them though, since that is a known problem too
13. yes, group movement would be a cool addition, I wrote that down for a future update
14. good idea, will add this in an update for sure like above
15. working on it right now
16. yes, another good idea, I took note!
17. yes, for some windows like this one I need to put the checkbox, true
18. hm so you want an auto-save option if you quit? I think could add this as well, would just store the last position if player quit without saving.
19. yes to save in middle of battle you just click option (top of screen near end turn) or press escape, and click save
20. I've asked an american friend of mine to fix them - I wrote all the texts of the game but I'm not a native english speaker, so surely have some problems with language, no offense taken!
Lastly thanks for all the feedback. If you're new to my forums and my games you'll see that I'll probably implement 90% of your suggestions (expecially since are very good and make sense). Surely will take a while, but be patient and I'll get there...