Clues?

TV management tycoon game
gxeremio
Young scout

Clues?

Post by gxeremio »

I am going crazy trying to figure out how to raise ratings on my shows. It seems that when I have a somewhat popular show (say 5 million viewers) it decreases in ratings rather than increasing!
What are some tips to get started right in this game?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

You mean the popularity? the popularity of movies will decrease if you show them too often, while series doesn't have this side-effect, but usually gather less audience.
Just think like in normal life: if they show Lord of the rings on same channel for 5 consecutive days, the movie popularity will drop like crazy (nobody will want to see it again for a while!).

The real trick is to keep 1-2 movies a day, maybe at 8pm, and fill the rest with series/daily programs.
gxeremio
Young scout

More info requested

Post by gxeremio »

OK, so movies every day at 8. But with series or dailies, how do you keep attendance (viewer) numbers going up instead of down? How does the program view series and dailies differently in figuring out popularity and attendance (viewers)?

Let me show you one of the ways I organize the daily schedule, and get your comments:

17:00-19:00 Kids shows
19:00-20:00 News and actuality
20:00-22:00 Action, Comedy, Drama, Sci Fi
22:00-23:00 Sports
23:00-0:30 Music

Even when I do this, and pick popular shows, I am only getting attendance (viewers) between 700,000 and 4 million - most ads don't work on an audience this small. I also run promotional campaigns which don't seem to help that much.

How does the math behind this program work? Does each show bascially have an optimal time slot? Can only certain shows get viewers of more than 5 million, while some can never get that many? Do the shows before and after a certain show have any effect on its number or type of viewers?

Help! :)
iulius
Young scout

Post by iulius »

Ha man... lord of the rings for 5 consecutive days??? haha what is it, the armageddon! :lol: I would never want to see that movie again!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well without spoiling too much the game, I can answer your question:
1) yes the attendance is influenced by the time, the schedule you showed me is very good planned
2) the popularity of a show is important, but it matters also the quality: in the shows archive you can see which are the best ones, based on the cost and the attributes (action, FX, etc)
3) the promotional campaign increase attendance a bit, but they influence more which kind of public will look your shows

so if you see you're not getting much audience, try to sell some of your show and get others. Usually the one that cost more, will bring more audience if positioned correctly. Also in the beginning probably is better to pick low-requirements ads :)
Ken_Goding
Young scout

Post by Ken_Goding »

Test.

I'm having to log in every time I come here now, for 5-6 months it kept me logged in.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Hmm strange I only updated phpBB to latest version :roll: try to check the box "keep me logged in" and see if you still have that problem.
Ken_Goding
Young scout

Post by Ken_Goding »

I check it every time... today it worked at least.
Ken_Goding
Young scout

Post by Ken_Goding »

I tried to log in from work a little bit ago...5 or 6 tries and it never let me in. Here I got in first try, though it still didn't remember me. *cries*

And I'm supposed to be the computer geek!
mastro
Young scout

Post by mastro »

I think that maybe at work you don't save cookies somehow. I had this problem too when tried to access forums from another pc :D